www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: From 1.0.4 to 1.0.8 with update.zip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I have a inew v3 with 1.0.4 firmware and cmw.
Could I upgrade with ota?
(I have linux on my pc, and I would'nt use sp under virtualbox)
I do not know if this can be done, I flash mine through a virtual machine (vmware) on a MacOsx computer. The only different thing i did than the guide, I didn't remove the battery when I connect my phone to the usb port, i plug it in with battery inside the phone, otherwise it was giving me error and couldn't start the flashing!
This was the first time to use the SP tools, i was trying to avoid it!
Maybe you should try it on virtual machine, it could worked!

Or, plug in another HDD and install windows on it Smiling you gonna need it Smiling
ota updates do not exist so far for the iNew V3.

there are 2 ways to update your phone:
- Flash through spflash a new firmware
- install update zip through cwm (which seems to be provided in some of the firmware uploads)
.. and some updates can be flashed ONLY through the original recovery.
Nothing...
A lot of problemi between linux, virtual box and i new v3 . I can only flash With cmw
Also another solution is to find a 'LiveCD' with windows to test if it work on your machine with iNew.
(2014-03-30, 15:50)pantolone Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
that adds USB 2.0 support to virtualbox. might be worth a try ( i am using VB the other way around, have a Windows 8 laptop and Ubuntu developer gig running in VB)
Yes!!! I have installed it! The problem is that when The inew is turned off The usb continued to connecting and disconnecting. Only when is turned on The virtual box see it correct ed
well, another option would be to try with VMware Player (you can export from VB as appliance and import and start that with VMware Player)
VMware player is available for free (for personal use) from VMware, but has very limited options. -> [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-03-30, 16:19)pantolone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes!!! I have installed it! The problem is that when The inew is turned off The usb continued to connecting and disconnecting. Only when is turned on The virtual box see it correct ed

the constant connecting/disconnecting is i think because u dont have the correct drivers installed, happens to me too,but for the life of me i cant get it workng this time around (got a nwe comp, workd on my old laptop)
so i installed lewa from cwm with theupdate.zip method, works fine and quite nice.
if you find a working 1.08 update.zip can u post the link here so that i can update too Smiling tahnks
Pages: 1 2