www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Smart Cover Disables Lockscren Password Function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I open the smart cover (aka flip case with S-view window), it'll wakes up my Star Ulefone N9002, completely bypasses the pin or pattern password that I've set. The use of the smart case disables the lockscreen password function. I've no experience with Samsung Note 3 smart cover or any other China phones that come with smart cover. Does any of you experience the same problem or it is just a major design flaw unique to my phone ? Pls share your experience.
This is a design flaw with your ROM. Previous model i owned always went to lockscreen when open. Normal I don't have any password set (except when gf is around, then must block from her snoops Hands ), but I did test it and it goes to lockscreen when open flap case.
(2014-04-02, 13:19)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a design flaw with your ROM. Previous model i owned always went to lockscreen when open. Normal I don't have any password set (except when gf is around, then must block from her snoops Hands ), but I did test it and it goes to lockscreen when open flap case.

Thanks, bro, for the reply. I think it is going to be real hard to find a revised rom for my phone model that solves this problem. Crying
I agree. It will be unlkely to find a revised ROM for that model. Maybe can port a ROM, but that can be alot of work. Other option is to remove the magnet from the flip case. Then just use power button to engage phone.
(2014-04-02, 15:05)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. It will be unlkely to find a revised ROM for that model. Maybe can port a ROM, but that can be alot of work. Other option is to remove the magnet from the flip case. Then just use power button to engage phone.

Thanks for the suggestion, bro. Porting ROM from another model is risky business. As you know, china phones are famous for having different hardwares from the advertised specs. Most likely I'll go with the option of changing the flip case.
I didnt think to writing this yesterday. Have u tried with different style of lock? Pattern, password. 3rd party lock screen? If none of these work, I agree maybe best solution is just remove the magnet.
HappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappy
(2014-04-03, 11:29)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt think to writing this yesterday. Have u tried with different style of lock? Pattern, password. 3rd party lock screen? If none of these work, I agree maybe best solution is just remove the magnet.

It never crossed my mind to use a 3rd party lock screen till u suggested it. I installed Go locker just now and tested it. To my amazement, the lockscreen security function finally works ! Happy Thanks again, bro. You've saved me the hassle of modifying or the changing the flip case. Thumbs Up
Dang, thanks sniper! Good to know in case I have this issue with my new Ulefone.