www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: quick introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
since i have been around here for a while and recently became member of the MOD team i thought i would introduce myself.

My name is Roland, i will turn 38 on monday 7th
i am a technical sales for the big blue company for all things storage software related (backup, monitoring, reporting, management).

I am originally from Austria, but i came around quite a bit and am now working and living in Switzerland/Zurich.

i have the usual background of phones:
long years with nokia "feature phones", my first smartphone was a Blackberry (i had 5 of them mostly provided by the respective company i was working for)
first dual-sim experience was a Samsung D880, and i was stuck with Samsung pretty much since then (as you can see in my signature).
i have never owned an iphone and i probably never will.
My china-phone history is rather dark:
the Pinphone i ordered i never received, since it was opened by customs and despite the seller saying there was no Apple logo on it of course there was, so the phone was destroyed (and Paypal let me down, i never got my money back)
the next venture into this area was a Smarty A8, a MTK6515 based HTC Chacha lookalike (i really liked the Blackberry keyboard). had lots of problems with this phone and at this point i almost was ready to give up on chinese phones.

i became more interested again when MTK came out with Quad core CPUs and the reports about phones equipped with these were generally quite good. but i held out for a package that got almost everything "right".
as you can imagine, when you are used to good spec'ed Samsung phones, its hard to step down from that.
so in the end i also jumped on the iNew V3 bandwagon, in hindsight still a good decicion as this phone is pretty much what i was searching for.
Originally i had planned to keep it just for a while (maybe 6 months) to see what comes around when MTK introduces 64bit big.LITTLE and LTE.
but now i am not so sure anymore that i will replace it that soon.
sure, there are other really good phones around now and every month some new interesting ones are introduced, but mostly they are more expensive for the same specs.
i hope to have a good time with you all, interesting discussions and maybe i can help with one or other question or problem.

since my native language is german i also keep a keen eye on the german part of the forum and i would like to see a lot more participation also there. (hint hint)

so thats all folks, nice to be here

cheers
Roland
Wow, they are quite serious at your customs. I'm not sure if this would happen in USA. Not saying it wouldn't. Just not sure it would.

The job sounds very cool. How long have you been with this company?

Definately agree with sticking with the inew v3 for awhile. If not a gamer and don't need improved specs (32gb vs 16gb, LTE vs 3G etc..) there will be virtually no benefit to 'upgrading'.
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Roland Wink
thanks Big Grin

i've been with them for 3 years now. it sounds probably better than it is, but i actually like it.

if the small kinks of the inew get ironed out (normal working homebutton, battery charge, probably nfc update) i am really happy with the phone.
i just don't feel like playing around and making a "Frankenstein" firmware. Big Grin