www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: speaker problem on Mtk 6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi am new here. My Star 9500 MTK 6589 is having speaker problems. Its going from very low to no sound at all..it works OK with headphones so it seems to be the speaker itself. Any help would be much appreciated
You should get an equalizer app from the play store.
Try Music Volume EQ.
If that doesn't help, try Equalizer.
Hope this helps Smiling
You can also tweak your volume output settings on a lower level by accessing MTK Engineering Mode. Is your phone rooted? If so, Mobile Uncle will easily let you get there.
No its not rooted..am a complete newbie to smartphone and rooting.
Tried the equalizer and music volume..think its a problem with my speaker. No sound at all on ringtone/ music etc
Is this a new phone? Has it always been like this?
No I have it about 4 months I have a guarantee so maybe will just send it back. Its just the hassle of it all..if there is an easy way to fix. I think the speaker may have blown. I can hear everything fine with headphones in.

Anyone know any tutorials on how to change speaker in this phone? Thanks
Depending on what's wrong with it, it may not be worth sending back. If it's just a speaker or a wire issue, you can get it fixed cheaper and with less frustration than sending it back to China.

I can't hear the problem, so it's hard to recommend what to do. My guess is its the speaker or wire / solder. Maybe take it to a shop and let them have a listen.
Hmm...
Replacing the speaker is an option.
I assume you tired to clean the speakers? Lint and dust can go through the protective grill.
You can try taking it to an electronics store that repairs phones as Khonshu mentioned,
but the thing is it is pretty hard to find Chinese phone parts if you don't live in China.
I had the same problem with my Jiayu g5. Contacted the seller (Minideal) and they shipped out a new speaker kit along with a new silicon case I wanted for $14 and free shipping. Took it to my local shop and it was fixed in an hour. The phone was under warranty but I didn't want to wait for two months. Altogether it took about 2 weeks from beginning to end. Hope this helps.
Pages: 1 2