www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] Headphone Issue Resolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Writing this out here in case anyone else has similar problems.

My THL T200C was not playing friendly with my House of Marley People Get Ready Headset. The sound was coming though really poorly, as if the channels were messed up. Full list of symptoms is as follows:

- Audio sounded really, really crappy. Vocals were completely buried. Bass was flat and/or non-existent. Just downright crappy.
- The icon in the top that normally shows a headset is plugged in, only showed that headphones were plugged in. That is, the mic portion was not being recognized.
- When pulling out the headphones, I noticed the sound corrected itself if the headphones were only partially plugged-in.
- At the recommendation of others, I pushed the button on the mic. While pressed in, the audio was corrected.

From poking and prodding around these forums, it seemed that the problem was two non-uniform standards that haven't been fully hashed out yet. OMTP vs CTIA.

This thread was extremely helpful in the diagnosis: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Long story short, I bought an OMTP-CTIA adapter. I am confirming that this solved the problem. The headset now works perfectly with the THL T200C.

Wanna fight?Thumbs Up
here is a link to get one..http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251457150139&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en