www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] Bluetooth Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Breaking this into a separate topic from my original thread, since it is a unique issue. I've been experiencing bluetooth connectivity issues with my THL T200C.

Originally the issue was just a lack of calling support through my Pioneer stereo. Recently I just noticed choppy audio streaming issues as well.

At an initial Google search, it looks like the choppy audio is systemic to Android 4.2 and might be resolved by disabling GPS and Wi-Fi. I will try this and report back.
Well, that took an unfortunate turn rather quickly. Rebooted the phone once to see if it would resolve the choppy audio issue. The audio is no longer choppy. It is completely gone.

Tried power cycling phone. Tried cycling car stereo. Tried repairing repeatedly. Tried turning bluetooth and wifi off and on. No change. Pairs successfully. No audio being played through.

Today sucks. Haha.
@wuddawaste Was this resolved?
Not yet. I've been focused on other efforts. Will be converging back on this soon.

I did notice today during a brief test that my regular audio streaming seems to be working again.

I also found that there were no helpful options in GravityBox Mod for this problem. There are some BT tests in MTK Engineering mode, but I need to find documentation on what these are before just messing with the settings and poking through things.

In the meantime, my BT audio on this phone is still gimpy at best.
Update. This issue is still unresolved.

The phone always connects fine.
Sometimes the audio gets put through.
Sometimes the audio quality is poor.
Sometimes the audio does not get put through at all.

Phone calls still do not route through the "BT headset", and always defaults to the device's handset.

I contacted THL today through the contact form on the English version of the site. I will report back when they get back to me.
Empirical data update:
- No reply from THL.
- The choppy audio problem seems to be drastically lessened by turning off WiFi.
- Complete loss of audio currently seems like it may be a conflict with the Google Play Music App.
- Whenever I receive/place a phone call, it calls get routed to handset
- If I receive a call when the BT audio was previously working, BT audio drops out. Maybe all audio gets routed to the handset.
This issue has been resolved.

I recently got a new car. Instead of transplanting the old head unit (Pioneer FH-P8000BT), I installed a Kinivo Bluetooth Car Kit (BTC 450). The THL T200C exhibits none of the problems with the Kinivo.

This really disappoints me regarding Pioneer. I know that the deck was the first of its kind to support Bluetooth at all. Pioneer included the ability to update the firmware via USB, but they never bothered releasing a firmware update. Pioneer also never got back to me any time I reached out to their customer support.

Anyway, Pioneer stinks. THL rules. That is all.