www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MobileUncle MTK Tools How it work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a little info on this app, I just heard of MobileUncle MTK Tools yesterday, today I found out how it works, basically the app just dials
Code:
*#*#3646633#*#*
This is EngineerMode on our phones, so most of the adjustments are really done by phone itself not via MobileUncle MTK Tools .

MobileUncle MTK Tools for the most part is just dialing this number for us, I have since removed MobileUncle MTK Tools so I can get a look and feel of the phones own settings and adjustments, then later I will install MobileUncle MTK Tools and see what exactly it adds beyond phones own EngineerMode .

So basically you can do all the stuff via EngineerMode without MobileUncle MTK , simply dial
Code:
*#*#3646633#*#*
and it displays the same info without having MobileUncle MTK installed.
Yes, it offers 'lazy' access to MTK engineering mode. Couple of other very useful tools it has are easy IMEI backup and restore, and easy flash recovery on rooted phones.
(2014-04-11, 22:16)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it offers 'lazy' access to MTK engineering mode. Couple of other very useful tools it has are easy IMEI backup and restore, and easy flash recovery on rooted phones.

Sounds good I want to know as much about the MTK phone as possible, I plan on writing down and taking a pic of every setting, and upload them with a stock rom and fixed right side up CWM recovery., for people that have this phone, incase they mess their phone they can use my stock to fix their phone.
if you install xposed framework and gravitybox you can also enter Engineering mode..
gravitybox fixes also some of the problems of mtk roms.
(2014-04-11, 22:36)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good I want to know as much about the MTK phone as possible, I plan on writing down and taking a pic of every setting, and upload them with a stock rom and fixed right side up CWM recovery., for people that have this phone, incase they mess their phone they can use my stock to fix their phone.

The Internet is a better place because people like you are on it. I think this will prove to be immensely helpful to countless people in the long run. Thank you in advance for your efforts. Thumbs Up
when it comes to Mediatek, there is no such thing as too much information.
because basically almost everything has to be reverse engineered since Mediatek is keeping the lid on their source, we need all the info we can get.
And it seems that @vampirefo will be one of those chosen few how may help us decipher new things... i also want to thank you for what you already did and i can see a great many things to come from that direction... big thumbs up!

and, btw, there have been reports that MobileUncle Tools "call home".
while that is not necessarily a big deal its just something you should know.