www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T5s] The pros and cons of T5s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the suggestion of senior member user Khonshu. I decided to start this thread, even though I have by now switched to iNew V3.

What I liked about T5s:

Fast, responsive, good battery life, good GPS, strong light behind capacitive screens (I don't know why but I care about this)

What I didn't like:
Camera is so-so, flash is VERY weak, screen made of plastic (?), slightly low resolution, but it is acceptable.
Absolutely no ROM community for the s version (6852).

Unsolved issues:
Low (to the point of being useless) mic volume in video recording.

All in all, at around 115$, this is one of the best 6852 phones to buy in my opinion, considering it's from a known brand.

Any additions, thoughts anyone?
Nice! Thanks for the review @ahabec!

How do you like the iNew V3 compared to the THL T5s?
I very much preferred the thl's battery life, even though that phone too had an annoying issue: if you switch it off, take out the battery, replace it and turn it on, the percentage drops by about 10... But it lasts longer regardless of how much % it shows compared to v3.
I very much prefer the v3's stock ROM.
I don't think doing all the settings menu in white (so thl decided to do in the t5s) is nice. I also prefer the v3's music player design.
I, for some reason, didn't like that the thl's screen is made of plastic, even if it's a very hard plastic. (I am actually not sure whether it's really made of plastic or glass but it felt like plastic...)
And finally I very quickly got to a point where the thl would not update apps because it was "low on storage" (that was the message on phone's screen) even though in settings - - > storage it seemed like I still had about 100mb free.
I am on the new inew v1.0.1 ROM so I have one big partition for system and apps and I like it better.
All in all I prefer the v3. The camera is much better and hopefully with the two thl w8 batteries I ordered an am planning to mod, battery life will be too.
So the gps "jumping" during navigation in the v3 is annoying but otherwise, really, it's a much nicer piece of kit and it only costs around 40 dollars more.