www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 homemade GPS antenna fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2014-04-09, 05:44)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-09, 04:59)CrownSA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-09, 04:57)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought two THL batteries and they haven't arrived yet.
If they don't charge inside the phone to 100% what's the point? will this happen with every phone? none of the people who made the modification to the THL battery mentioned this.

not sure if the charge perfectly inside the phone
but if u have 3 (2 THL and 1 Inew) battries, why not buy an external charger, itd be the perfect situation, u'l haev atlst 1 if not 2 batteries fully charged at all times.

I just bought two because I found a seller that sells two for 18$ when most sellers sell one for about 13$. I prefer to charge in the phone and not take the back off too much.

Inew is a really nice phone.... but if I need an external charger, 2 extra batteries and maybe a bluetooth GPS receiver to navigate easily, then the price of all of them put together would already buy me a nicer phone... like THL T100s. If the W8 charges correctly in the phone, I will try to forget the GPS issue, and live with the phone for a year, until I decide to buy a phone with the new MTK 6955 chip in a year or so...

i have the phone for almost 2 monts now.the batery keeps 2 days with external charger and 1 day with charge in the phone.the gps works very good with simple modification,a small aluminium foil on the back cover.i use IGO MY WAY and it is perfect .the rom is 1.0.4

[Image: IMG_20140411_092543.jpg][Image: IMG_20140411_092646.jpg][Image: IMG_20140411_092940.jpg][Image: IMG_20140411_093000.jpg][Image: IMG_20140411_093052.jpg]
(2014-04-09, 13:42)prilepa_mg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-09, 05:44)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-09, 04:59)CrownSA Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if the charge perfectly inside the phone
but if u have 3 (2 THL and 1 Inew) battries, why not buy an external charger, itd be the perfect situation, u'l haev atlst 1 if not 2 batteries fully charged at all times.

I just bought two because I found a seller that sells two for 18$ when most sellers sell one for about 13$. I prefer to charge in the phone and not take the back off too much.

Inew is a really nice phone.... but if I need an external charger, 2 extra batteries and maybe a bluetooth GPS receiver to navigate easily, then the price of all of them put together would already buy me a nicer phone... like THL T100s. If the W8 charges correctly in the phone, I will try to forget the GPS issue, and live with the phone for a year, until I decide to buy a phone with the new MTK 6955 chip in a year or so...

i have the phone for almost 2 monts now.the batery keeps 2 days with external charger and 1 day with charge in the phone.the gps works very good with simple modification,a small aluminium foil on the back cover.i use IGO MY WAY and it is perfect .the rom is 1.0.4

Can you please, please take pictures of the aluminum foil and put up here? especially how it contacts the GPS antenna on the back of the phone, because this is covered by a white tape.
Thanks!
ok,i will make some pics the next days
so here is some pics

[attachment=1160][attachment=1161][attachment=1162][attachment=1163][attachment=1164]
i use the IGO my way from france to belgium and then to bulgaria.its around 3500 km.and its work very good.
(2014-04-11, 14:55)prilepa_mg Wrote: [ -> ]so here is some pics i use the IGO my way from france to belgium and then to bulgaria.its around 3500 km.and its work very good.

Did you peel off some of the white label inside the phone?
no,just put the foil between the plastic cover and the phone.this is enough.
(2014-04-12, 03:42)prilepa_mg Wrote: [ -> ]no,just put the foil between the plastic cover and the phone.this is enough.

And you are certain it makes a difference? I mean, without peeling the label it seems like a placebo solution...
yes,I use this for 2 months now
(2014-04-12, 20:58)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-12, 03:42)prilepa_mg Wrote: [ -> ]no,just put the foil between the plastic cover and the phone.this is enough.

And you are certain it makes a difference? I mean, without peeling the label it seems like a placebo solution...

im sure you could test it and see if indeed it is a placebo situation, however im prety sure that it isnt, remember the gps reciever is just that a reciever and the foil is just increasing its radius or whatever, they may not need to be touching, as you can do a similiar thing with your wifi router,(place some foil on the side where you dont need the wifi signal (if the router is at one end of your house) and the foil supposedly helps the other side get signal.) idk too much but i doubt you need it to actually connect and even if you do, this cant hurt Tongue
so this is working for me.I now very good how the antenna works.this is like an external antenna.
Pages: 1 2 3 4