www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: V3 falling apart [or how to change color of home button]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
iNew V3 , exactly one month old , inew_v3_1.0.1., 900/2100 version...

Two days ago display started to seesaw - when pressed return or home at the bottom, top end of display slightly raised. It got worse and worse with every press and now complete display is falling out of housing.

It seems that display is only glued with some kind of tape to housing Dunno

Phone is still working, there is no damages, it didn't fell - looks like
just glue gave away Doh

Any suggestions ?

Should I take it to some professional to glue it back ?
Sending it back to China seems like too much pain.... Will they admit warranty?

[Image: f50k2d.jpg]

[Image: 28tunm.jpg]

[Image: mma82g.jpg]

[Image: 104ffup.jpg]

[Image: 1610qza.jpg]

[Image: 6ru7ax.jpg]
Wouldn't send back for warranty. Take it to a pro or glue yourself. Take it to local hardware or electronics shop and ask what they they think best glue would be. Try not to use something so strong that it would be impossible to get out again.. In case need to change LCD in future.
Jeez that's not the best build quality.
:p awesome, now u can change the color of the home button.
I'm glad you find this amusing. At least some good from this peace-of-shit phone. It's worth nothing except a good laugh.

Thnx !
so it seems the screen is just glued on top of the frame...
would have expected it to be held in place by a few screws.
they are cutting corners in order to keep the price down, so no surprise there.
after all, its still a cheap-ish phone if you compare what you would pay for these specs with a big brand.
not saying it's ok to fall apart - even if its a cheaper phone.
from your pictures it looks like the screen is pretty much off all the way, can you see how it was held there in the first place?
i would try and put some double sided tape underneath to hold it in place, but for a real fix i suppose you would have to go ask at a phone shop what would be best here.
i also don't think elusivo meant to upset you, he just spotted how the blue home button came to be blue, so yeah, its obviously pretty easy to change the color now also if you'd like to do it.
(2014-04-14, 05:42)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]i also don't think elusivo meant to upset you, he just spotted how the blue home button came to be blue, so yeah, its obviously pretty easy to change the color now also if you'd like to do it.
Yep, if i was making fun of anything it was at how they coloured the button, not at the situation.
iNew v3 for me is still one of the best chinese phones, except for bad assembly of the flash light which really pisses me off, but i have seen other phones that the screen unglues in the same way.
(2014-04-14, 05:42)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]...from your pictures it looks like the screen is pretty much off all the way, can you see how it was held there in the first place?

...its obviously pretty easy to change the color now also if you'd like to do it.

Picture #4 shows some residue of that "glue" . It looks like some kind of silicone.

And yeah, it is pretty easy to change the color of home button now, if you wanna make some cosmetic changes on unusable phone .Thumbs Up

If we look on problems so far:
- faulty charging module
- two versions of phone and you don't know which you're going to get
- manufacturer supports only one of them (kind of)
- GPS working but unusable in car (loses signal and incorrectly guides)
- often losing wifi and 3g
- practically no RMA
- phone is assembled with sticky tape Doh ....

... this is not "cheap-ish" phone. It's actually pretty expensive.

If you ask me why I bought it then... well, because I was reading reviews on the wrong places.

Maybe my experience will help someone not to make same mistake. Or at least you can use it like tutorial for "changing the color of home button".
Helping other people is why forums exist, right?
if you think that is bad then you should know what i went through with my Samsung Grand..
wont hijack the thread, but lets just say in comparison the Samsung is not one bit better but costs almost twice as much with mediocre specs..
Guys let;s not get carried away here.
Kasandro had bad luck.
I mean, there are many v3 users here. I am sure if others had the screen come off they would write it on this forum.
We all know quality assurance is not the strong part of manufacturing a Chinese phone and this is reflected in the cheap price.
This could happen with any phone in one out of 100 or 1000 cases.
Kasandro - since your phone seems to be working, I think gluing the screen back is only a question of choosing the right glue and working carefully for 5 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5