www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Q] is it possible to have full stock backup of unrooted MTKDevice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry for the noob question , I am completely new to android world. appreciate your feedback guys. Thanks!
Yes. Khonshu working on new tutorial and video.

Basically the process is here
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
And here
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
That would be tough, to do a full backup without root, as most partitions would require root permission, if you install cwm recovery you have in fact rooted your phone, while this isn't desktop root it is recovery root.

I don't believe it's possible, you might get around rooting desktop mode, but you will have to use a rooted recovery, so you are rooting your phone wheither you know it or not, via cwm, twrp and so on.
It's quite easy. Follow the instructions as outline in the tutorial posted above. Root not required, CWM / custom recovery not required. A raw readback from specified address to specified address is done by Flash Tools with the phone off, then MTK Droid Tools splits the ROM and prepares it for flashing.
(2014-04-13, 20:46)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's quite easy. Follow the instructions as outline in the tutorial posted above. Root not required, CWM / custom recovery not required.

Both methods you posted are rooting the phone, do you have a link to a backup, that isn't rooting the phone?

Your first link [Tutorial] Build your own CWM recovery that is rooting.

Your second link
[Tutorial] How to build CWM and root Bedove X21 (MTK6577) and other MTK phones that is also rooting.

I don't see the tutorial about backing up without rooting, can you post a direct link to it?
Just follow the ones I posted above. It doesn't need root to accomplish.

Yes, the tutorial was originally meant towards rooting your phone if it's not already rooted and you don't have a recovery.img / boot.img to build CWM from. This was prior to the quick roots existing.

But the process is the same for reading back the full ROM. Just follow the tutorial as outlined and enter the correct addresses based on scatter to cover the entire gamut. Root not required. Custom recovery not required.
I salute you sir vampire and sniper. Thanks for your feedback guys. I already saw a tutorial on how to backup your full stock rom even though it's not rooted. Smiling will try this tut after the 7days replacement of my phone. Smiling thanks again! (Y)