www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Where to start with my first smartphone Inew V3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys! My first thread here cuz I really liked what I've read so far.

So my Inew V3 just arrived and I don't know what the good things I can do to it, so that it gets better.

It's my first smartphone and I've already about ROM, battery problem (really sucks), Wi-fi (mine is not so good range)....etc.

I'm no tech savvy, so I would appreciate if some of you could tell me the things I should do to get my Inew to a top level Smiling If there are some first steps etc.

Here are the infos about the fone:

- Model: V3 (there' no "E")
- Android 4.2.2
- Kernel 3.4.5
- Version: inew_v3e_v1.0.1

Thanks!
hi and welcome!
is yours a 900/2100 WCDMA model? (can be seen on the sticker in the battery compartment)
from the specs it looks like it.
if it is i would advise you not to flash any of the current ROMs - they are not really compatible.
btw- i have the same model

before doing anything you should back up your ROM and NVRAM - both tutorials available in the forum.
a must have is to install Lenovo's Super Camera (Snap-IT see it), makes better pictures than the standard camera app.
Also Xposed Framework and Gravitybox module (fixes some of the general MTK problems like Settings error with Date/Time, calendar wake locks, etc) - but you need to be rooted for that.
then its mostly down to your personal preference. eg - i changed the stock launcher to Nova Prime and installed a theme more to my liking.
About the battery - if you are not a power user you'll be allright, it will get you through the day.
just keep it on the charger after it goes to 100%, i generally charge it around 4h.
best obviously is to charge the battery with an external charger, as the problem is not the battery itself but the charging hardware of the phone.
Hi,

Yes mine is 900/2100 WCDMA model.

When you say to "not to flash any of the current ROMs", do you mean to not change my current ROM on the phone for another ones when rooted?

I thought change the ROM was good.

Maybe a silly question, but I don't know that xD

Nice, I'll take those advices here! Thanks linr76!
Please, about the recommendations you said, are they in App Store or do i have to find somewhere else?

- Lenovo's Super Camera (Snap-IT see it)
-Xposed Framework
- Gravitybox module

Thanks!
xposed / gravitybox
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Lenovo supercam
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]