www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tutorial] Installing Xposed and GravityBox for modifying your China phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Disclaimer: This will brick some phones. Most notable, the recent stock THL ROMs. Though @wuddawaste had success with his T200C. Make sure you have a tried and true backup handy before installing the framework, or at least have confirmation that it works with your phone and current ROM prior to installing.

1. Install latest Xposed installer: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
  2. Install Xposed framework through the installer
  3. Soft reboot or reboot
  4. Within Xposed, download and install GravityBox module
  5. Enable GravityBox in Xposed Modules
  6. Soft reboot or reboot
  7. Launch GravityBox from home screen or app drawer
  8. Have fun modding your phone

For reference, you can see this thread as well: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&highlight=install+xposed

Let us know your results and what's your favorite mod(s)!
proceed or no with W200S?
I am scared!
Do not proceed with W200S. It bricked me.

If you decide to go ahead and try anyways and you brick, just boot into recovery and run the xposeduninstaller.zip in the main directory of SD. You should have CWM to run it though. It will automatically put the uninstaller.zip there when you install xposed.
OH! Thank you very much for your information...as the result is bricking the phone ,I will not try it!

is matter of new processor , rom or something else that xposed won't work on W200S?
It is the ROM. Actually, there is VanillaExperience ROM if you want to try that. It's a ROM ported from Zopo (if I'm remembering correctly, which possibly I'm not). That should be compatible with Xposed.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
@Khonshu: What were you doing when you bricked the T200C? Do you remember?
It wasn't the T200C that was bricked. It was W200S.
Installs and works just fine on my C30.
I had no trouble installing Xposed on my T200C but Gravity Box would not install via Xposed.
Finally I downloaded a copy of Gravity Box, installed it manually, and then let Xposed update it.
have to use for pretty all MTK phones...

Gravitybox - General fixes:
Fix Date&Time settings crash
Fix calendar app
Fix location issue (if needed)
Fix caller ID for phone / messages (if numbers in different formats are not matched to your address book)

also nice:
Power tweaks:
Advanced reboot menu
Screenshot in power menu

Statusbar tweaks to make the quicksettings look like you want them to.

so you see you can do pretty much anything you want, these are just a few settings i use to customize the phone more to my liking.
pair that with Nova (with all animation settings to at least fast) and your phone is nice and fast.
Pages: 1 2 3