www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Gyroscope Calibration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Inew V3's gyroscope seems to be a bit off....well a lot off. When using the sphere app and looking at 360° pictures if I turn the vertically the picture moves horizontally and vice versa. The gyroscope seems to be working but its kinda opposite if you get what I mean. Does anybody know how to fix this, I've tried a few different apps trying to calibrate it but no luck, the compass works fine but gyroscope doesn't. Can it be a software thing? I'm currently on 1.0.8, is gyroscope working for others on an older version?
I'm on 1.0.8 as well (v3 4.0) and have the same problem - you move horizontaly, yet picture moves verticaly and vice versa.

No idea if it is different with older version, first thing I did when I got the phone (with 1.0.1 ROM) was to flash it.
In principle mobile uncle tools has an option to calibrate the gyroscope:
Hardware testing --> scroll to the bottom --> Sensor --> sensor calibration--> gyroscope or gsensor (both can be calibrated separately).
I suppose if you are rooted it will write the new calibration data in some system file.
Tried it with mtk tools but for some weird reason it fails to get statistics or something, even though it shows the gyroscope values changing. I calibrated it with other apps but still doesnt work. The gyroscope is like inverted or something. Download the sphere app and see if it works for you.
(2014-05-03, 05:14)oscar8u2 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
i've got this issue.. when i try to calibrate the sensors, i says it failed..
how can i calibrate my gyroscope????

i think, this can be related to the function when using the factory restore in the menu when u turn on the phone with pressing power + up volume

its all in chinese language