www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Is this a virus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is "com.mediatek.smsreg" a virus? My virus scanner says that it is a trojan virus. If it is a virus how do I remove it?
what> how can this is possible?
I found this:

"SmsReg (com.mediatek.smsreg) => Removed by almost all custom ROM creators as it is known for sending SMS for a Chinese unknown number. "

It is very interesting!
YES IT IS!
spy trick!
(2014-04-21, 19:23)gesamgr Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

OK.
After downloading and running Avast, McAfee and Kaspersky it seems SmsReg is not malicious.
The only threat found on the phone was found by Kaspersky and that was Framaroot, which I put there myself...

In any case, while the app cannot be uninstalled in simple way, being a system app, it can be disabled from the "manage apps" menu in settings.

With a good root browser it can be uninstalled from the folder /system /app. This contains two files: smsreg.apk and sms.odex . the date on both is Feb 25, the date of the ROM.

I saw in NEEDROM many custom roms delete this application.
If anyone here knows better and can shed some light on this it would be lovely.
how can remove system apps? I have root...
(2014-04-22, 13:25)gesamgr Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I use Titanium Backup to freeze system apps. If they end up being critical to the phone's function, I can un-freeze (thaw) them. If they end up being unnecessary I can remove them entirely.

Have we concluded as to whether or not this is a malicious module?
(2014-04-21, 19:23)gesamgr Wrote: [ -> ]YES IT IS!
spy trick!
Quote:With a good root browser it can be uninstalled from the folder /system /app. This contains two files: smsreg.apk and sms.odex . the date on both is Feb 25, the date of the ROM. I saw in NEEDROM many custom roms delete this application.
If anyone here knows better and can shed some light on this it would be lovely.

I have uninstalled the application successfully. There are no visible bad side effects at the moment. Thanks.