www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: CyanogenMod 11 on mtk6589/T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried to flash the CyanogenMod 11 on any MTK 6589T, it should be compatible...?

Could I just flash this ROM onto my Star S5 MTK 6589T, without getting into trouble...?Dunno
Only use ROMs made specifically for your phone, unless you are adept at porting ROMs. IMO, not worth the effort unless you have tons of free time.
(2014-04-24, 18:30)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]Only use ROMs made specifically for your phone, unless you are adept at porting ROMs. IMO, not worth the effort unless you have tons of free time.

I know that I only should flash ROM's specially made for my phone, but I am also an addict for experimenting.Smile

Are you saying that CyanogenMods is not worth flashing...?Dunno - You might want to explain to me, why not?
I'm not saying CyanogenMod's not worth it, I'm saying that if it's not for your phone, it's very likely not going to work. If you have the time and energy and knowledge to make the port, and YOU think it's worth it, then by all means give it a go.

The major benefit of CyanogenMod is that the community fixes Android bugs and makes newer versions of Android available to older devices. When you port a ROM, you may forego all those benefits and create more bugs and problems than CM was supposed to fix in the first place.