www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Can't mount System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
I wanna backup my phone to install new rom, but I can't backup, because when I go in CWR and press backup this show up.

How to fix it?
Yep, not good, not good at all. Do you have stock recovery? What is your filesystem?
I install this CWM 6.0.4.4 from this site.
File system?
Android Ver: 4.2.2.-
Baseband Ver: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V11.P5
Build number: cxq_v3_inew_v1.0.8
OK, so no stock recovery, what filesystem you have?

via adb postout put of mount.

adb shell mount
(2014-04-29, 04:13)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so no stock recovery, what filesystem you have?

adb shell mount

Is this ok?
(2014-04-29, 05:27)rigzrk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-29, 04:13)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so no stock recovery, what filesystem you have?

adb shell mount

Is this ok?

Yes, it's fine you have ext4 filesystem. in one of your backup folders on sdcard, where cwm stores back ups, look and see if you have a recovery.img Your first pics shows you should have one.
(2014-04-29, 05:31)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-29, 05:27)rigzrk Wrote: [ -> ]

adb shell mount

Is this ok?

Yes, it's fine you have ext4 filesystem. in one of your backup folders on sdcard, where cwm stores back ups, look and see if you have a recovery.img Your first pics shows you should have one.

I remove sd card, here is the pic from internal Storage. I have recovery.img, and Its that CWM 6.0.4.4.
With or without sd card, problem is the same.
(2014-04-29, 07:09)rigzrk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-29, 05:31)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-29, 05:27)rigzrk Wrote: [ -> ]Is this ok?

I remove sd card, here is the pic from internal Storage. I have recovery.img, and Its that CWM 6.0.4.4.
With or without sd card, problem is the same.
Now upload the recovery somewhere and post download link.
(2014-04-29, 07:37)vampirefo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-04-29, 15:56)rigzrk Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Your problem is lack of module, I can explain what happened and can offer an alternative but without your stock recovery can't guarantee success.

One should always backup their device before making changes to it, this includes stock recovery, but in this case you didn't, so moving on.

What most of the auto recovery makers are doing is making recoveries from boot.img this isn't the best ideal, as boot.img and recovery.img are different.

This does work about 75% of the time, my percentage is a guess, The problem comes into play when a module is needed in recovery mode, these auto recovery makers don't take this in consideration, cause most recoveries don't need them but some do.

If your device happens to need a module, well you are kind of left out in the cold as no module is transferred over. Now to make things even more complicated as in your case, only your recovery kernel needs the module, not your boot kernel, which by the way are different.

So your boot kernel is being used in recovery mode without the required module, so it can't find the partitions to mount, think of the module as a light and you are in a dark cave same thing is happening to your boot kernel.

Now if you had your stock recovery.img you would open both cwm recovery.img and stock recovery.img replace the kernel add the module from stock recovery.img to cw recovery.img, and in init.rc tell it to load the module, repack cw recovery.img and flash.

But that can't happen now, so as an alternative, Tomáš Kubec has uploaded a rom, that includes both stock recovery and cw recovery, both recoveries include the correct module, so if this is the same as your phone, you could use his cw recovery as it includes required recovery mode module.

I don't have your phone so can't say for sure if this rom is 100% for your phone or not, you can read the thread and decide for yourself.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

If this is the same as your phone, just flashing the cwm recovery should fix your problem, Mobileuncle should be able to flash the recovery.img from this rom if you decide to try it.
Pages: 1 2