www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: inew i2000 cwm recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just tried to put cwm recovery on my inew i2000 ,

All went well untill I wanted to boot into cwm recovery , power+ volume up is not working.
The phone just boots into android after a few minutes as if there is no recovery
image. Even adb reboot recovery does not work.
I noticed that the recovery was for the i2000 on android 4.1
mine tells android 4.2.2. Could it be a wrong cwm recovery not working on this
firmware?
All methods to root this phone fail.
Any suggestions? How to get the stock recovery back?
Yes, recoveries are built for specific ROMs. Depending on changes between ROMs, one recovery built for one ROM may not work with another ROM, even if it's the same phone.

You can try the ROM here

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
thanks for the reply.
The rom seems a different build .
I dont feel like flashing a new rom into my phone.

Sorry i am a newby , can one extract a recovery.img out of a rom on the pc. , and flash that to the phone?
You can try the stock ROMs at needrom.com. Just extract the recovery and flash that if you don't want to try the whole ROM. Let us know how it turns out.
what would be the best program to extract the recovery ?[/u]
I will give it a try.
If it's a flash tool ROM, you just unzip it and take recovery.img and flash it with SP Flash Tools.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[/i]I searched on other forum.Some more people having the same problem.
I think we need the exact rom with android 4.2.2. The one on needrom seems to be
android 4.2.1 and is not working. Some soft-bricked the phone, so I decided to wait for a good solution. Thanks for the answers.
If i would follow the steps in the[Tutorial] Ultimate no-root backup CWM MT6582 MT6592 MT6589 MT6589T MT6577 MT6595, would i be able to backup my rom and even build a new cwm recovery ?
The cwm created can be used? or would it be useless as i don't have a good recovery installed on my i2000?
same problem here, I just bricked my INEW I2000 with an older ROM for 4.1.2 android provided by seller even I have told them that the original one was 4.2.1. I've tried all sort of ROMs for this model, all sort of SP flash tools, all sort of drivers and nothing, The screen is black, no bootloader, no charging, it is almost dead. it is detected by my computer as I hear a sound when I conect it, when I try to flash it it stucks at the red line. I have an identical working phone and if I would have a tool to download and save the original rom from it I might be able to flash it again with it's stock rom because I didn't find it nowhere, but only with android 4.1.2. which had bricked my phone. This model has even a newer PCB, v2.1
So any help, any idea how to unbrick it? I spent days trying and I had enough...
Thank you.
(2014-05-30, 01:33)rebox Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&postcount=407 )
Then you can try to flash your bricked phone with this rom and SP Flash Tool.
I tried to backup my rom but I seem to have problems with the drivers on windows 8, so I gave up.
Pages: 1 2