www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: has anyone used this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got this link from an aliexpress supplier when I complained about the poor GPS on the phone (shipped with 1.0.8)

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I assume this is a firmware and can be installed with flashtool?

Can anyone verify this?

Thanks
Looks like the same file people here have tried, didn't fix anything, I think it was only to fix signal strength, not GPS anyway, from reading what people wrote it is useless.
(2014-05-05, 02:29)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the same file people here have tried, didn't fix anything, I think it was only to fix signal strength, not GPS anyway, from reading what people wrote it is useless.

Thanks for the reply. Do you by any chance know which stock firmware version has working GPS?
(2014-05-05, 02:58)alfaboy155 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-05, 02:29)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the same file people here have tried, didn't fix anything, I think it was only to fix signal strength, not GPS anyway, from reading what people wrote it is useless.

Thanks for the reply. Do you by any chance know which stock firmware version has working GPS?

No, my guess none of them, as people are still trying to find a fix, just like you are.
As I said in a previous thread it must be an hardware thing: my GPS worked perfectly since I bought it in December with the very first ROM!
(2014-05-05, 03:19)arioch Wrote: [ -> ]As I said in a previous thread it must be an hardware thing: my GPS worked perfectly since I bought it in December with the very first ROM!

Are you still on the first ROM or have you updated to a new one without effecting the gps. Thanks
(2014-05-05, 03:19)arioch Wrote: [ -> ]As I said in a previous thread it must be an hardware thing: my GPS worked perfectly since I bought it in December with the very first ROM!

Same here. Though I'm not sure its a hardware thing with all the recent issues. It's more likely many of these iNew ROMs aren't even released by the manufacturer. Just people goofing about and incrementing the version by one.

1.01 from December, GPS was fine. If you've got 850/2100 version, I recommend flashing 1.03 Ultimate or stock, then restore NVRAM posted by Khonshu.