www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: project cancelled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI

This contained errors and has been replaced with a new tutorial

#######
CREDITS
#######
vampirefo for his tutorial and code and help for which this script is based.

######
INTRO
######
script version now f

This is a linux script run on a rooted phone to backup and hopefully restore your nvram. It is designed to work on a number of Android devices as it gives you a chance to input the decimal value of the storage showing for your nvram.

It uses a "relaxed" udev rule to allow local user to run adb commands
based on this full udev rule but made 666 instead of 660
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I use a one line udev rule for my iOcean X7 HD which has been used to test backup and restore without bricking
Quote:SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="666", GROUP="plugdev"

Finally you may like to read online and/or download the Linux script
It might work for Windows users who burn a Linux Live cd/dvd but it needs to be a distro that uses udev.

If you would like to test it, download and put it in a folder where you have rw permssions

Make it executable first by
Code:
chmod +x v.sh

Run it as a local user by either
Code:
./v.sh backup
(or)
./v.sh restore

good luck

If you a new, and can't read the links you may like to donate to Gizbeat
I might have a look at making a recovery image script
That would be very cool. Especially if you could get it to work through ADB on Windows.
NexusTrix
Forgive my ignorance, can Windows users use ADB thru Windows without installing an USB driver?
I suspect not.

Quote: Especially if you could get it to work through ADB on Windows.

Sorry to disappoint but I have no Windows to test such commands.

offtopic, I also don't yet know how to awk and sed ---programming languages -----so any script I am working on will need a manual hex to value online converter as per vampirefo's nvram tutorial. Or a hex to decimal program on your PC

I may however, get assistance from you guys to make a set of simple windows only commands.

First I need to confirm that my script creates a recovery image with a md5 sum that matches my current provider
I use TWRP but can also do the same for CWM.....but brickiness awaits if I get the inputs or commands wrong.

cheers
Hi

just started a fresh thread on my first attempt to extract a recovery image using Linux script

Feel free to comment there or not as you see fit.
Hi
EDIT
contents removed based on an earlier script version
This project is now dead. I have made a nice mistake and got a wonderful boot loop no matter whether I try factory/meta/recovery/normal

I don't use Windows so not asking for help either.

script deleted from remote host

bye
Project is alive and kicking
script updated based on vampirefo's excellent advice

my new script backups just like vampirefo's and now finally tested....no bricking the restore function

WOO HOO

I will gather my thoughts and make a Windows version later....but I don't have Windows to test it on.

EDIT
nope......I can not test Windows as I don't have it. It looks to me that the adb commands should work in Windows but
relies on the user getting the correct USB driver setup. I won't touch that at this stage
this project cancelled.....well the thread is

replaced with new tutorial in linux corner