www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Kitkat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if Kitkat will be making its way down to Lenovo phones? (k910 specifically).

also random side note to any k910 users, when you go to:
system settings>about phone>system update - does your settings crash?

any info on either topic would be great Smiling
Here you go buddy! [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

About settings crash... Probably just some kind of bug and hopefully it is going to be fixed in this ROM Smiling

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not try this version. Just read some russian forums and there is proper guide to upgrade your phone to kitkat. WIll translate it using google translate as it manages to translate from russian to english pretty properly. The guide is in the spoler and here is a link to the rom [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

If there is gonna be something you don't understand, feel free to ask!!! Will try to explain in other words ;)

Show Content
That looks like the official Chinese ROM from Lenovo. Not quite stable yet, but it shows that Lenovo is working on a Kit Kat upgrade.

Beyond that, it looks like many are already working on Cyanogen for your phone.

You lucky duck, looks like you'll be enjoying Kit Kat sometime in your future!
(2014-05-10, 02:18)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like the official Chinese ROM from Lenovo. Not quite stable yet, but it shows that Lenovo is working on a Kit Kat upgrade.

Beyond that, it looks like many are already working on Cyanogen for your phone.

You lucky duck, looks like you'll be enjoying Kit Kat sometime in your future!

Haha, of course he will! This lucky bastard has Snapdragon 800 inside this Lenovo beast Big Grin
Hey guys! cheers for the reply!

looks pretty complicated to do, and knowing me, id probably end up bricking the phone hahaha! but so long as I know that KitKat is on the way, that's good enough for me! i'm fine with it on 4.2.2 anyways! Ill just patiently wait Smiling

isnt that Cyanogen the OS for that new OnePlus One phone? was looking into it before and looks very cool! future is looking good for my phone then if all these are headed my way!

Thanks guys!
(2014-05-10, 14:32)alexi1238 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys! cheers for the reply!

looks pretty complicated to do, and knowing me, id probably end up bricking the phone hahaha! but so long as I know that KitKat is on the way, that's good enough for me! i'm fine with it on 4.2.2 anyways! Ill just patiently wait Smiling

isnt that Cyanogen the OS for that new OnePlus One phone? was looking into it before and looks very cool! future is looking good for my phone then if all these are headed my way!

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it can be pretty complicated, because chinese version of KitKat does not have gapps (which means that you will not have play store, youtube, gmail, maps and other google services). So yeah, it is a good call to wait a little bit more, because one day you will definitely see kitkat on your phone (international version with gapps).

About cyanogenmod, it is supported on A LOT of devices. Even some Mediatek devices got partially working Cyanogenmod. So it is not strange that it is coming to your phones. I HIGHLY suggest to use it because:
1. It has A LOT of additional functions.
2. No bloatware (clean android)
3. Great community and support.
4. You can tweak it in every way you like.

But firstly you should wait for normal version of KitKat, because even chinese KitKat is still in development and they release those ROMs as "developer previews". Good luck!
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

just saw this today, so good news to any Vibe X/ Vibe Z users. will come out pretty soon i guess.

I get the feeling I might have to manually update my phone though - because it still FC's after a factory reset when I go to system update.
just out of curiosity,

have any Vibe z/x owners been updated yet to kitkat? i've tried snooping around the net but am yet to find an answer to this
(2014-06-02, 22:38)alexi1238 Wrote: [ -> ]just out of curiosity,

have any Vibe z/x owners been updated yet to kitkat? i've tried snooping around the net but am yet to find an answer to this

I saw quite a lot of users on another forum forums who are using KitKat on their Lenovos. The only issue they discuss is getting Cyrillic alphabet on their phones, so if you are not Russian, it probably should be fine for you. Btw, as I understand, the ROM itself has only English and Russian languages.