www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: GPS woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Received my inew v3 the other day and have been really impressed with it so far in all respects barring one - I cannot get the GPS working.

I've rooted my phone

After half an hour or so outside I'm still only showing a couple of satellites in view according to GPS Test and none come up as "in use". My old HTC shows loads and locks in seconds.

I'm in the UK with the EPO data source correctly set & updating, and I'm running the 1.0.8 firmware version.

I get the impression I'm missing something here - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Is this the sort of thing I should hope that the 1.1.4 firmware should sort out?

Thanks!
A rom installation could solve your problem.
Sometimes an OS installation doesn't "sit" well.

There is another 1.1.4 version, not official at needrom. Give it a try.
(2014-05-13, 04:51)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]A rom installation could solve your problem.
Sometimes an OS installation doesn't "sit" well.

There is another 1.1.4 version, not official at needrom. Give it a try.

My understanding is that the official 1.1.4 is due out in a couple of days - think I might wait for that. Thanks!
Hi, I just solve my problem whit GPS fast connecting. I find a clip in youtube and it's work the strenght is the same but it fix the satelites in a 3-5 sek. Big Grin