www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Port from THL T100S to THL T11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unfortunately we don't have much development to our phone. I have a little experience in port mtk6577 roms and i will try one. My question is if THL T100s is exactly the same specs only changes ROM (hardware), camera (hardware) and resolution (don´t now if is hardware) maybe if we put a rom from T100S in our phone it works.
Give me your oppinion.
If the phones are similar enough yes, you can use same rom on both devices, ie port.
I compard all the files from roms CM11 to T11 and T100s and only boot.image, System/Etc/firmware and some files relationed with apn, gps and camera are replaced.
I think if we only replace boot.image and System/Etc/firmware all roms from T100S will work in our phone.
The other files replaced are to fix one or another problem found.
I ported a zoppo 998 rom that is ported from iocean g7.
Only replace boot.image, firmware folder and audio libs.
Everything works good. Better wifi signal and GPS fixs in less than 30 seconds. The only thing that doesn't work is smartwake from this rom but is different from ours. Maybe problems with kernel.
Porting mtk6592 is different from others mtk devices.
(2014-06-05, 05:37)carcaca Wrote: [ -> ]I ported a zoppo 998 rom that is ported from iocean g7.
Everything works good. Better wifi signal and GPS fixs in less than 30 seconds. The only thing that doesn't work is smartwake from this rom but is different from ours. Maybe problems with kernel.

so you could kind of 'script' rom porting: just unpack, replace, re-pack?
It's more or less as you say @flat__line

There is a tool in the MTK Tools area as well for porting MTK SoC ROMs.
(2014-06-05, 22:02)flat__line Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-05, 05:37)carcaca Wrote: [ -> ]I ported a zoppo 998 rom that is ported from iocean g7.

so you could kind of 'script' rom porting: just unpack, replace, re-pack?

Don't need to unpack. Open booth in 7zip and replace boot.image and firmware folder from original to ported. Take a look at build.prop to see if you see anything different like rom space. For example cm11 in T100 add a line with 32g rom and cm11 from t11 this line as only 16g rom.
Don´t forget to try anyone with the same processor (mtk6592) and this maybe work or not. In this case i only replaced audio libs because no sound in calls.
I tried other 2 roms from zoppo and in booth no phsysical keys. Tried to replace files relationed with keys but don´t work.
Install and if rom boot you need to test everything.
Dont forget to make a backup first.
Ported new rom from T100S with same method.
Everything works.
(2014-06-07, 04:45)carcaca Wrote: [ -> ]Ported new rom from T100S with same method.
Everything works.

Is this an official new ROM for t100s?

I try many thl t11 ROM on needrom. They all keep phone from deep sleep. Sometimes okay.. Can go 10 hours deep. Then another time not okay. Can go 10 hour held awake by kernel

Can you upload this ROM somewhere to try?
(2014-06-07, 11:09)cookiedough Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Pages: 1 2