www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Problems with Cubot A890
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not too impressed with this phone. I hope that there is a firmware update to fix these irritating issues

These are the problems I have found with the phone having used it for 3 days.

1) the battery life is very short and runs down in about 3 hours of use of intermittent cell phone and internet.
2) the volume on the speaker when using the telephone is very low. Hands free is worse.
3) the phone calls sound bad to the receiver. Not good sound.
4) the internet service comes on for a period of time and then drops not allowing for text message sending. Internet connection is spotty at best.

I am with Rogers in Canada and the cell phone is supported on their network. I live in the City and never had a problem with my
Iphone 4s
(2013-05-05, 01:40)XcrossCountry Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

But use this firmware file (March) since "April 2nd" version is crappy:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hoe to root it
Rooting instructions by GizBeat:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

very easy and simple.
You need to be a member in order to get all files.
(2013-05-05, 17:14)CPuser Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Hi, i wanted to use the firmware you posted here but has a password, could you please tell me the password so i can try it out?
Hello,
I have installed the rom of 04.28 but still having issues with the standby mode… after awhile the screen does not come back, it stays black. Im sure the phone is on due to the device´s temperature. Has anyone occured the same problem. I tried several hard resets and rom flashs. still the same problem.
I have had this phone for 1 week and the notification/incoming message tone has dropped to almost inaudible, regardless of the settings.
This is a replacement as the original had a serious fault with the camera.
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER !
Anyone have a solution ?...... Apart from avoiding Cubot in future !
I've tried to post on Cubot forum but keep getting 'error message' total farce !