www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Just a notification message but there is nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have bought a iNew V3 for my mother and updated it to the last firmware 1.0.8.
But she told me that she heard a notification sound on the iNew V3, but there is no message. She only use Gmail, Whatsapp and sometimes Facebook at this moment.
I can confirm this, I heard the notification sound but there was no new message.

Is it a bug with the notification sound or is this something else? I can't found it on the internet. I hope someone can help me with this.
Was there anything wrong with the phone before flashing 1.0.8?

I had this phone in January and it was perfect on 1.0.3, zero problems other than charging which is a hardware issue with the phone.
"Some messaging apps can cause this. Look for any app you may have installed around the time you started noticing the alerts, particularly those associated with some kind of messaging (Yahoo Mail, Outlook, Facebook, Evernote, Twitter, Hangouts, etc), and get rid of them.

Check Google+, enter settings and turn off notifications..."

You are using Gmail, Whatsapp and Facebook so turn off notification for them and see what happens...
When I received the phone, I updated the firmware directly too 1.0.8 . I will take a look at the settings. Thank you for your replies!

Update: I checked every app that is installed, but I still get a notification sound. The Notification bar doesn't show nothing and there is no message. It's weard!
More than likely WiFi notifications. It sends a notification when it finds an open WiFi location.

You can disable it in the WiFi Options under Network Notification.
Very interesting, when you hear a sound message, whether the LED lights blink?
I think it would be good to do a factory reset, and then use the phone for a while, before you install any app from the store, then install one by one, to reveal the mistake and maybe help, of course, if it is not a hardware error.
Try to turn off the sound messages and turn vibration, to see how they will react phone then.
I disabled the open WiFi network notifications and the problem is solved.
Thank you Wisley for this tip!