www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Information on Amoi N828
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find it a bit odd that there are no posts about the Amoi N82x series, judging by their popularity and prices. I just ordered one (expected to arrive in 2 - 7 days), and I plan to post information about specs and mods that I find, on here.
(2013-05-06, 03:24)oyebayo Wrote: [ -> ]I find it a bit odd that there are no posts about the Amoi N82x series, judging by their popularity and prices. I just ordered one (expected to arrive in 2 - 7 days), and I plan to post information about specs and mods that I find, on here.

Just made this forum last week. A review of your phone, some pics from it's camera and any mod etc... Would be great. Thanks for the help.
I finally ordered mine. Hope it's gonna be so good as I expect.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Delivery time is a little scary, up to 60 days. If no review comes till then, I'll make one.
(2013-05-09, 20:59)rawyolks Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Delivery time is a little scary, up to 60 days. If no review comes till then, I'll make one.

Always interested in users opinions on their phones. Even if it's just a short few sentences.

Up to 60 days. Yea that could be a long wait.
I just got a notification that my phone has been shipped, but i wont be able to use the tracking number until the courier company loads data on the site. So I'm still waiting.
(2013-05-09, 23:44)oyebayo Wrote: [ -> ]I just got a notification that my phone has been shipped, but i wont be able to use the tracking number until the courier company loads data on the site. So I'm still waiting.

Well that's good news. Should be within a couple weeks then.
I just took delivery of the phone from DHL a moment ago, despite the fact that the tracking number didn't even show up on their site at all. Probably because it was so fast.

Phone is in pristine condition, I will post pics in a bit.
Picture of the box as it arrived (after stripping off the DHL packing)
[attachment=136]

Another perspective
[attachment=137]

Contents of the box: user manuals (entirely in Chinese, not one word of english so not of much use to me), two-pin USB charger, earphones and the phone itself.

[attachment=138]

This is what it looks like when switched on

[attachment=139]

Pictures taken with the N828 camera (warning: very large photographs, original sizes were 3264 x 2448), but it was 8:34pm here so the lighting is poor.

[attachment=142]

[attachment=144]
I got today my Amoi N828 and everything is very good, screen, responsiveness, capacitive buttons, speaker, camera. I'd say they're compareble to HTC or Samsung smartphones.
However. Hardware buttons feel cheap, and the body is a little heavy and chubby. Compared to T-Mo SGS2 it's not good. I'd say: Performance & Components 10/10, Built Quality 6/10.
I just ran Antutu Benchmark (version 3.3) on this phone, and it scores 13090. See screenshots attached
Pages: 1 2