www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iOcean X7 HD baseband testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have MTK Engineering app installed as this is a MT6582 chipset

going into app, -> MTK settings -> Telephony -> Bandmode -> Sim1

(its a dual sim but I have one only)

I tried to disable all GSM (2G) ticked bands but it won't let me

I was able to tick only one UMTS (3G) band at a time but it still gave me at least one 2G band ticked

I was trying to test my 3 G bands

any clues?

#### results so far

am on Optus network 3G 850/2100

2100 does not show in app but Sniper47 kindly advised its the same as 2000 which does show in app

I can call myself on landline on 850 only or 2100 but I am still not able to eliminate if call is using 2G as at least one 2G band is ticked
In an earlier post, you said something about several 3G bands being ticked. Was that on SIM2?

It might be helpful to post screen shots so we can see exactly what you're looking at.

In regards to if the call is being received on 2g or 3g. If it's impossible to deselect all 2g bands, then switch to WCDMA only mode in Android settings.
Hi

1)
for my app, to get WCDMA its
MTK engineering -> MTK settings -> Network Selecting -> choices
WCDMA only
GSM/WCDMA preferred
GSM only
WCDMA only
GSM-WCDMA (auto)

Thanks for the setting now I have WCDMA --only--- (for sim1 as that is all I have)

2) SIM slot 2 has no WCDMA (3G) settings

hand held webcam so apols is advance
3) test is 3G 2000.....with (1) should be a test for 2100
antenna strength meter says 3G.....first green icon in phone image next to battery green icon
[Image: a5hxmh.jpg]

Initially all 2G are ticked but I can deselect and have to accept one

Next is test for 850 3G
as image is clearer you can see my choices

but the choices do need a scroll down to get to the "SET" button on my phone
[Image: 2i7xwyv.jpg]

###########
as calls were made and received AND I have WCDMA only setting.....looks like I can mark this as solved if you agree?
decided to mark as solved.
I'm assuming you rebooted after selecting and confirmed the same options were checked prior to testing.

Also, can you confirm what was solved? Was the purpose of the test to test 850 WCDMA? If so then it sounds like it's solved.
no I had not rebooted, did not realize I needed to

will test later
ok found time to reboot phone for each test

Test for WCDMA only plus band 2000 OK
Test for WCDMA only band 850 FAIL
----I ring mobile and network messages says phone turned off.....its not.

What I have not done is go to another tower/antenna site. IMHO that won't achieve anything

I have marked this post back to question in case others offer any feedback.

Test for another rival network for 900 FAIL (as expected)

Test for something called " WCDMA-GSM-900" is OK

######
Question
#######

The image of that setting is bottom image in post 3.

Is this a fallback to GSM mode breaking the WCDMA only mode?
Hmmm... It shouldn't be. If you select WCDMA only, it should turn off all 2G frequencies... But I suppose it would be possible to set up the ROM to ignore that settings and fall back to 2G.

But you are in Aussie. What band is your carrier serving on?
3G is 850/2100
Ahh. Okay. Possibly I misunderstood the previous post. Are you asking why the 2G freq are still selectable in engineering mode?

If so, a better answer would be that WCDMA only setting & freq. selection in engineering mode have nothing to do with each other in regards to being able to still select them. One is a network setting that sets mode with your carrier. The other is a setting that sets it with the phone itself.
Pages: 1 2