www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Devistated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wonderful THL W8+ has bit the dust exactly 12 months after buying it.
I'm so sad. I had it just how I wanted it. Rooted, running GravityMod2. Apex launcher and paired to my Sony Smartwatch2. It was perfect.

Just in case anyone is curious, the phone actually works but the screen is blank. The back light comes on and the screen responds to touches. I can even still use it if I make calls from my watch. I've tried everything software related, so its obviously hardware. I'm not going to attempt a hardware repair.

Disappointed as I am that the phone died after such a short time, I'm not going to be put off China phones. My phone was so cheap and was the envy of many of my friends who had phones costing twice as much.

I'm probably going to buy a THL T200C or a Zopo ZP990+. I don't know yet. I'm still doing my research.

Anyway. I know I don't come on here very often, but I will post when I get my new phone to report in how I'm finding it.

Thanks everyone. This was my first port of call for seeing what's out there.
I'm really sorry to hear that your phone bit the big one. It's always crappy when that happens, especially when you just got everything working.

On the plus side, it does give you a great excuse to upgrade. I need that nudge surprisingly more often than one would think.

Thanks for coming back here to report, and thanks in advance for your review on your future phone as well. This whole community relies on that kind of data to keep up on the latest and greatest.
This does happen with many phones and electronics in general. Not only China phones. Good it hasn't gotten you down.

I do wonder if it's perhaps just a loose connection. The ribbon to the mainboard could have come loose. Might be worth a look if you've got some techie friend who can help out.

People have had good experiences with the THL T200C recently. I've had the THL W200S and it was a solid phone. Also take a look at the Jiake V8. @vampirefo seems to have been satisfied with his purchase.
(2014-06-04, 22:49)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder if it's perhaps just a loose connection. The ribbon to the mainboard could have come loose. Might be worth a look if you've got some techie friend who can help out.

Sniper47 you are an absolute super star.
Your suggestion gave me the courage to open up the thing myself and take a look.

I had to really. In my circle I am that techie friend who people go to for help.

It didn’t look like I could do anything with the ribbon connectors. They looked like they were soldered in. What I did see was a row of contacts under the circuit board that come together with corresponding contacts on the back side of the screen when the circuit board is in place. So I gave them a clean, put it back together and the phone came back to life perfectly. Yes everything including the screen now works!

I can’t thank you enough. I’m reasonably confident opening up computers and laptops, but I really didn’t think there was anything user serviceable in a phone.

Hopefully it will stay working now but if it fails again I will let you know its fate.

Thanks once again.
This is great news Ian. Thanks for replying and letting us know it's been fixed.