www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] GPS Drifting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I also experience this "drifting" from time to time. It does not seem to be Waze specific as all the other navigation apps produce the same symptoms. I will try another charger in my car, as suggested by paralog in the GPS thread but first I will drive around without charging the phone to see if the issue is really charger related.

(2014-05-21, 02:42)WuddaWaste Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ]

Any other T200C users care to weigh-in with their experiences?
If I remember right, I was charging my phone using an external battery at the time it was drifting. It's a distinct possibility.

As I said before though, I've since tested with over a hundred miles and haven't had it happen again.
I had it happen again last night as I was driving around. The phone was not plugged in this time. Just as with the first time, I was a passenger in the vehicle and my phone was in my lap. In this particular instance, we were sitting at a stop light underneath a huge freeway overpass.

Because of these, I'm led to believe it's a GPS signal strength issue.

A ton of GPS signal was being blocked by my own lap, as well has having some huge cement structures overhead. When I drive in my own car without any problems, the phone sits freely in a holster on the dash -- which doesn't block nearly as much of the antenna power.

Where did you have your phone physically placed when you saw the drifting @ obermotz ?