www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: ONDA V975M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just purchased the Onda V975M V4 Doh

At first it was nice looking, very iPad-like with the aluminium back and "retina-screen". I must say that I was a little/a lot disappointed though... I started the sucker up, and the OS/Rom was really bad. Laggy and unstable as it was, I turned to the Onda forum and started reading and communicating with other owners/users. I then flashed a custom rom from this site, with great success and big improvement. but still a lot of issues like wifi disappearing after sleep, so you need to reboot to get it back...
The "retina-screen" has very bad drivers, witch doesn't seem to be upgradeable/changeable. You cannot use a stylus-pen on this screen, only your fingers will do...
Battery is used up VERY quickly, a little gaming and woops it's gone.

In Antutu it scores 30000+, but offcourse Onda also cheated like many others here and opened the limitation on the cpu. In Antutu X, it only scored 21700...
I have now used Trickster to set the cpu to full speed, it works but consumes a lot of battery...

I have tried different apps, tools and guides to make a decent tablet out of this one, but it doesn't really seem get there...

I cannot recommend this tablet to anyone, look elsewhere if you need a budget tablet - this will only make you insane...Vampire
Big thanks for posting this review HappyUser.