www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Finally Cyanogenmod 10.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Finally i successfully ported cyanogenmod 10.2 to my xtouch x508 Tongue

What works:
- SIM1 for phone calls (incoming/outgoing) and SMS, data (2g, 3g)
- Audio (mic, loudspeaker, headphones)
- most sensors (auto brightness seems to be broken, but sensor works)
- Wifi (not wifi direct)

What doesn't work:
- everything else: 2nd sim card, camera, (hw) video decoding, GPS, BT, FM radio, hw composer, rest of MTK specifics.

many thanks go to xda developers and the omnirom project as they have done lots for mt6589 already ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]). Esp to xplodwild and drshadow... Thumbs Up

some screenshots
[Image: NlT1syb.png] [Image: DoEil8U.png]
[Image: 3qZLvMh.png] [Image: YulZ7Cd.png]
[Image: cqw6m0n.png]
I had tried to port the ROM for idolX (MTK6589T) but it failed :/

Can you provide some info on how you did the port ?
(2014-06-11, 06:15)rand250 Wrote: [ -> ]I had tried to port the ROM for idolX (MTK6589T) but it failed :/

i don't know if it's work on mt6589T phones but i'll make guide for how port the rom
also there's cyanogenmod 11 for mt6589 phones but i still can't port it
(2014-06-18, 07:34)superuser590 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-11, 06:15)rand250 Wrote: [ -> ]I had tried to port the ROM for idolX (MTK6589T) but it failed :/

i don't know if it's work on mt6589T phones but i'll make guide for how port the rom

Following the "normal" porting procedure didn't work, so it seems that i'm missing something...

Any hints would be welcome (until you publish your guide Smiling )
(2014-06-19, 17:56)rand250 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-18, 07:34)superuser590 Wrote: [ -> ]

Following the "normal" porting procedure didn't work, so it seems that i'm missing something...

you need to unpack your stock rom boot.img and cyanogenmod boot.img then delete rmdisk folder form stock boot.img and copy rmdisk from cyanogenmod boot.img to your stock boot.img then repack it
(2014-06-19, 18:09)superuser590 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-19, 17:56)rand250 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-18, 07:34)superuser590 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know if it's work on mt6589T phones but i'll make guide for how port the rom

you need to unpack your stock rom boot.img and cyanogenmod boot.img then delete rmdisk folder form stock boot.img and copy rmdisk from cyanogenmod boot.img to your stock boot.img then repack it

Great, thanks!

And how did you flash it ? Used KK compatible cwm or just modified updater-script from your recovery ?
(2014-06-19, 19:22)rand250 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Can you try and port it for MT6572 device?
(2014-07-04, 14:10)rakovm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try and port it for MT6572 device?

sorry you can port it to mt6589 devices only
superuser590

Hey dude how are you? I have not done any modding.

You copied over the kernel modules but you did not delete the old shared object files (so) and copy across the so files in the same way as your modules.

Any clues why not?

2) On my device, /system/lib/hw has....examples of your not working hw
camera.default.so
gps.default.so
sensors.default.so

You may like to test a rebuild copying over these so files?

ahh I hope you don't mind a reference to explain what shared objects is......forgive me for sucking eggs when you have done something and I have not.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

good luck Sir and you are a Champion.
Pages: 1 2