www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Thl W200s Rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !
Just rooted my Thl w200s yesterday. Im not a geek but know some basics on rooting and flashing a device. I never installed a custom rom and would like to give it a go.

My question is : what advantages does changing the rom have and what type of rom would you suggest for me to try out ?

Thanks
Main advantage with the w200s is it fixes the LED notification and makes it compatible with xposed.

Other advantages include OS such as MIUI that allows you to theme the entire OS with downloads from MIUI server.

The disadvantage is that often developers do more harm than good. In my experience, 'GPS fixes', 'init.d and build.prop' tweaks or even the fixes such as making it compatible with xposed or fixing the LED can mess with how the OS is meant to work with the kernel and cause wakelocks or other instabilities. Note, I said 'can'. Its not always the case.

I also have w200s, but have never changed the ROM. The ROM is solid and lack of xposed and the notification blink is not a concern.

I do recommend you try it if you enjoy tinkering. Or if xposed or the LED notfication are important for you, or want a dramatic OS style makeover such as MIUI provides. Otherwise, not.

If you decide to go ahead with it, check to make sure your phone is consistently deep sleeping after the ROM has been on the phone for a couple of hours and had time to update and sync.