www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star S4 problem - bricked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

yesterday i flash (with sp flash toll) my star s4 (mtk 6589t 1G + 8gb FHD ) aka pulid v9, and i don't known what happen but the phone wont turn on and now the phone is recognized as MTK USB port pid 003 and i can't flash again....

Sometimes the phone with battery on it, is known as MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port, but the flash did not begin either... when that port appears was suppose that flash would be possible?

today i solder 2 wires with one 600 ohm resistance and tried to find the test point but i think i couldn't find it.... I read something about it on a russian forum and XDA, but i didn't have results...

Thanks, any help is welcome!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Sounds like you flashed improper preloader. You need the stock ROM for your phone. Do you have it? I would try to uninstall all drivers and reinstall again one driver set. Then try format all. Try with both SP Flash tool and mtk flash tool.
Hi, thanks

I made a backup... but i need to see if its really good...
But I have a stock rom from internet and i am 99% sure the phone is the same.

Do you think its best to format before trying to flash?

and what about the com port? flash tools should work with " MTK USB port"???
The ROM you found is the one that bricked your phone? Or is a different ROM. If it's a different ROM and you're sure it's the stock ROM for your phone, it should be okay. Not that I guarantee it will unbrick you.

Yes, that should be USB port in the flash tools. Try both and use newest version.

I believe from has them here.