www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: The GPS saga...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends, as you can see Im a new member here and a new proud owner of H7500+ (flashed with european 4.2.1 zopo ROM).
The first thing I noticed about it was the 3G and GPS problems.
The first problem disappeared with the new rom, and setting in the engineer mode ( *#*#3646633#*#* ) Network > Selecting GSM / WCDMA (auto) instead of "WCDMA preferred".
Cutting to the chase.
I was digging in the xda/zopo/(and here Big Grin) forums and I managed to set my GPS to get fast fix outside buildings (10-30 secs depending on my location, it took like forever before that). I enabled (in the engineer mode) supl, agps (MSB), epo. So now the GPS is working fine outside buildings, but in my home (massive concrete walls Big Grin) cannot find a single satellite. Only if I am near the window it finds few (4-5) for about 30-60 secs. The interesting thing i noticed that if I touch the phone where the GPS antenna is (upper right corner) the satellite signals rise immediately. So I found those threads:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Obviously if we manage to improve the antenna we will get a perfect GPS.
I still dont have the guts to open my phone and see what it can be done (I've had it only for 1 week) and im pretty sure the the warranty will be lost.

Im just giving you food for thought, if you come up with an idea to improve the antenna without disassembling the phone, please share it Smiling
H7500+ has a good gps, instead b92m
(2013-05-11, 17:14)davy42 Wrote: [ -> ]H7500+ has a good gps, instead b92m

I have problem with Endomondo and Sport tracker. Showing totaly wrong distance ??

Any solutions?
(2013-05-20, 21:47)cico77 Wrote: [ -> ]

I have problem with Endomondo and Sport tracker. Showing totaly wrong distance ??

Any solutions?

Hello Cico77, in your phone parameters (location settings), have you authorized A-gps, sometimes it's help to have faster et more precision fix?

Any solutions?

disable A-GPS and test it again
(2013-05-23, 01:39)pavlis42 Wrote: [ -> ]

Any solutions?

can't find where to turno on or off A-gps !!!
in system settings I have only location access and there I turned on
-Acces to my location an Wi-Fi ˛
-mobile network location
(2013-06-08, 20:05)cico77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-23, 01:39)pavlis42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-20, 21:47)cico77 Wrote: [ -> ]I have problem with Endomondo and Sport tracker. Showing totaly wrong distance ??

Any solutions?

can't find where to turno on or off A-gps !!!
in system settings I have only location access and there I turned on
-Acces to my location an Wi-Fi ˛
-mobile network location

Tap GPS. Not the on/off toggle, tap the word.
When I am driving with my new H7500+ the reported speed jumps around. Ie if I drive 50kmh it would show between 48-53. Does everyone have this problem and is there anything we can do to improve this?

My precision is quite good (3 to 4 meters) and the phone connects to 11-12 satelites.
(2013-07-24, 14:23)coco444 Wrote: [ -> ]When I am driving with my new H7500+ the reported speed jumps around. Ie if I drive 50kmh it would show between 48-53. Does everyone have this problem and is there anything we can do to improve this?

My precision is quite good (3 to 4 meters) and the phone connects to 11-12 satelites.

48-53 when you're going 50 is damn good. That's only a 5% difference. You can try a couple of different apps and see if it shows up any different. Run Keeper is fairly accurate and shows speed.
thanks for the reply. It's my first Android phone and I didn't have this problem with my old Windows Mobile 6.5 phone and Navi.

Out of interest... Do Android phones from big brands also report inaccurate speeds or is it related to the MTK chipset? And what about the IPhone?

I love the H7500+ though and the fast CPU alone makes it is a great GPS device.