www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help with Repartition in MTK6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys i own a Lenovo A820 the best phone ever for the lowest price.

After i have used the Application "meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-en"

I have press the 3rd option in the menu for 4GB to part 2.7gb of internal use.

And rebooted the phone after that i have entered the Recovery Mode and did everything the guide has asked for but i couldn't manage anything becuase the partition has been deleted or something and changed to 0mb.
So nothing is allocated or can be use.

Tried any thing like flashing EBR1 and EBR2 from SP Flash Tool
Tried to make the SD card bootable and to install a ROM on it. also failed.
Tried to format from Windows and the partition didnt showup in the Disk Management.

Big fail guys, I guess maybe somebody here is knowing the issue and maybe can provide some fix for that Smiling

Thanks alot.
You shouldn't use any tool to change your partitions, unless the tool is built for your exact phone, ebr1 and ebr2 from different phones aren't all the same, so if you use a tool to change your partitions, it makes the changes based on the phone it was designed, if your phone is different, naturally it will brick your phone.

You have to restore your own ebr1 and ebr2.
If you've screwed up your partitions via changing EBR and you don't have a backup, you'll need the EBR files from any ROM for your phone that contain the EBRs.

In the tutorials section there are EBR editing tutorials that may help, but it will depend if they are similar to the EBR in the example tutorials.
I used to own this phone until I bricked it.
My memory is there is an official rom at needrom.com when you unpack it - contains
system.img
boot.img.....and all other images
and hopefully the ebr stuff.

2) I might be able to post a scatter file as well

3) Are you able to use adb with this phone or only flashtools?
(2014-06-16, 07:43)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]I used to own this phone until I bricked it.
My memory is there is an official rom at needrom.com when you unpack it - contains
system.img
boot.img.....and all other images
and hopefully the ebr stuff.

2) I might be able to post a scatter file as well

3) Are you able to use adb with this phone or only flashtools?

Hey all thanks for the comments.
a few things change around i started with flashtool after that my phone suddenly has been bricked Smiling (FFS)
And im starting to get a ways to unlock that (kind a hard mission for cellphone in 140$)

May i buy the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Smiling? .. nahh j\k
So any tutorials to unbrick the phone?

BTW,
Im using one laptop with windows 7
and one laptop with windows 8.1
both of them now doesn't recognize the phone. w\o or w battery...