www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: PMT changed Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Inew V3 version: WCDMA 850 V4.0

I'm running stock rom 1.0.1 and looking to upgrade directly to 1.1.5

This is the first time I'm upgrading rom so I'm running into issues using SP Flash Tools. I installed the ADB drivers as well as MTK drivers using AUTO Com drivers installer obtained from the MTK General Tools section.

When using SP Flash Tools 5.1343 and trying to 'Download' (I have pre-loader unchecked since I don't want to risk it and brick my device), once the phone is detected, i get the error 'PMT changed for the rom, it must be downloaded'. I tried with 3.1344 and similar error about PMT. I'm avoiding to run a 'Format+Download' or 'Firmware Upgrade' in case it formats the pre-loader and brick device.

I know one user @"KoffieAnanas" had similar error but that was resolved through drivers. However, I've tried numerous times to uninstall and install the drivers using USBDevView but still having the same issues. I also made sure Driver Signature Enforcement was disabled.

Could it be that because I'm on stock 1.0.1 with the old partitioning scheme, the PMT doesn't match the newer rom? Can anyone help me out here?
That error means that the partition table present in the phone is different from the partition table that the rom ur trying to flash to the phone needs.

Download only doesn't reformat the phone's partitions to what the new rom needs, so u have to choose the Firmware Upgrade option, that will apply the new formatting table following the settings of the rom ur trying to flash.
I would recommend trying a different set of drivers if that one is not working for you.

Could also be you need to do firmware upgrade instead of download. You can try to take the preloaded section out of the scatter if you're nervous to flash over preloader. Not sure that will work or not.

Another thing to try is building a scatter for your phone with MTK Droid Tools and using that scatter instead of the one included with the ROM.

If your phone is not having any major issues, I would consider just leaving it alone as well.
(2014-06-27, 18:37)Elusivo Wrote: [ -> ]That error means that the partition table present in the phone is different from the partition table that the rom ur trying to flash to the phone needs.

Download only doesn't reformat the phone's partitions to what the new rom needs, so u have to choose the Firmware Upgrade option, that will apply the new formatting table following the settings of the rom ur trying to flash.

Thanks alot Elusivo. That makes sense and I can report back that did indeed solve the problem. I am on 1.1.5. Perhaps others in the future can learn from this.

Is there any way to avoid flashing the 'preloader' when using 'Firmware Upgrade' in SP Flash Tools? I'm guessing since now the partitions match with future roms, the 'preloader' can be unchecked.
See my previous post regarding removing the preloader from the scatter file. The scatter file is built of different sections telling where to put each part. Just remove the preloader section. Though I have not done firmware upgrade without preloader before, it may work.
i solved this problem by editing scatter file with notepad++ and deleted sectionsSad17-18)
I hope it works for you.
(2014-09-06, 07:52)alforati Wrote: [ -> ]i solved this problem by editing scatter file with notepad++ and deleted sectionsSad17-18)
I hope it works for you.

Can you please explain more on how you deleted sections 17-18.. Thanks
(2015-09-03, 10:26)expaboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-06, 07:52)alforati Wrote: [ -> ]i solved this problem by editing scatter file with notepad++ and deleted sectionsSad17-18)
I hope it works for you.

Can you please explain more on how you deleted sections 17-18.. Thanks

there is a more easiest way, try with sp flash tool v5.1408.00.100, on the section in mode select , select the MOTA SIU Like, when it ends, remove the battery again, put it back , select (download only) hit download button and connect to usb!
Hi there anything for inew v8 update
Hi, guys
Yesterday i've faced the same error (PMT changed) while trying to flash custom recovery.
My phone is iNew V3 firmware v.1.0.10 KitKat, no root, with chinese recovery - in original state as it came from China a year ago.
My goal is: first - flash normal recovery (TWRP preferred) in order to make the following steps: to make a factory FW backup (NVRAM in the fisrt place), then root the phone, backup all apps with Titanium and finally flash newer FW (1.0.13 or 14).
So where do i need to look for a correct scatter to safely flash recovery - please remember, i still didn't backed up NVRAM? Or is it completely harmless to choose "Firmware update" instead of "Download" in FlashTool?

Any help would be very appreciated,
Thanks in advance!
Pages: 1 2