www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Suggestions and fixes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Gizbeat
I would like to inform you that you have seem to have forgotten to assign images to the menu buttons underneath posts in the Forum for any language other than American English.

American English:
[Image: k22xzxs9cfutu6c82t7g.png]

British English/Any other language:
[Image: frfxgh7g6esutjqshsto.png]

Also I would like to suggest to change the "Thank you like it"-button, the button for giving a "Thank you like", to just a "Thanks for this post"-button for giving a "Thanks" or "Thank you";
[Image: 1zx9v3w5s6dnei6zdxqi.png]

It just looks a bit strange to "Find All Posts Thank you like for", although this could be a little ode to the "Engrish" you find on some Chinese products Tongue:
[Image: toy-series-of-happy-garden.jpg]

[Image: take-the-child.jpg]

Futhermore I'd like to suggest to add introductory headers to the device specific forums as found on XDA:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Such headers with a small description about the specific device would immediately make clear what kind of phone the forum is about and could make people interested to read further into the forum.
And you could add a link to a review of the phone on Gizbeat.com, and a direct link to the product on Lighttake. (Maybe get a little extra out of the sponsorship Wink)

To continue my whining I'd like to say that I myself don't really see the added value of a "Reputation Report" and a "Warning level".

That's all, thanks for the whole forum, 'am enjoying it! [Image: good.gif]
(Add a thumbs up emoticon.)

Update, found another bug. If I embed a picture that's wider than the frame the bottom buttons move out of frame, maybe something like [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] can help.
Okay, thanks Max. I'm looking into the language issue now. We recently upgraded and something could have broke in the upgrade process. Do you know if it was always like this? Or is it a recent issue?

Posted images being larger than the width of the post and causing issues is one I'm aware of, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

The descriptions I think are adequate, though there is some spillover between General China, General Android and Root Rom so there may be something that needs to by changed there.

I do like the idea of images in the forum description and will take a look into that.

Reputation and warning I do agree are probably archaic and should likely be removed. I'll look at this as well.

Thank you like, while a bit cumbersome, is purposeful. If I tell you you're phone needs to be sent back to China, you probably wouldn't "Like" that, but you might want to "Thank" me. And on the other side, if I wrote a post saying I bought a Neo N003 at Lightake, you might "Like" that, but you probably wouldn't want to "Thank" me for it. Thus the all encompassing combination of the two - Thank you like. It wasn't a homage to Chinese translation and I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I like the idea of 'Thank you like' even more.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious bugs and making suggestions. I will try to implement some fixes and changes over the next few days.
Ever since I have registered on the forums the buttons were broken for the British English language.
And thanks for clearing up the "Thank you like" function Party Time

I also seem to miss the edit button every now and then, or is this because you are busy fixing things?

Is this a new function?
Seems pretty nice but I'd still like to alter my previous posts to get rid of typing errors or to improve information.
(2013-05-15, 19:43)MaxP101 Wrote: [ -> ]Ever since I have registered on the forums the buttons were broken for the British English language.
And thanks for clearing up the "Thank you like" function Party Time

I also seem to miss the edit button every now and then, or is this because you are busy fixing things?

Is this a new function?
Seems pretty nice but I'd still like to alter my previous posts to get rid of typing errors or to improve information.

If you post one post after another within a given time period, it bunches them together. It's been this way since the board opened.

Posts are editable within 2 hours of posting for the standard user group. The edit button not showing today was the result of a test change I had made to a template and didn't change back. Should be fixed now.

I've fixed the language button issue. It must have been this way since the board opened, but you're only the 2nd person to mention it. Welcome to the internet. Smile The default theme had all the languages, but the custom theme only had English buttons by default. All the languages should now have the buttons, but they will be the default theme buttons. For now, only Am. English and Br. English have the custom theme buttons. I will get a few more on board soon.

Thanks again for bringing the bugs and suggestions to my attention Max. I really like the idea of having the phone at the head of the brand specific forums.