www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star S7589 gps problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone. I'm glad I found this forum (most forums for this device are in Chinese and Google translate does not translate too accurately)

I have the Star S7589 and it works great but the GPS is the worst I've used on any device.

I'm in the UK and have access to both XP and Windows 8 PC's (not sure which is best to use when installing drivers and possibly rooting).

I think I have to first root the device before installing a GPS fix but don't have a guide to root the S7589.

How can I fix the GPS?
I've got an i2000 which is the same MTK6589 chipset and the GPS works just fine in the UK. But try this.

Settings\Location Access were it says GPS satellites press that and it will open up other options.

Tick the top one(GPS EPO) then touch the next one down EPO Sttings, at the bottom you will see download..press it.
Once you done that go outside for a few mins so it can get a fix. I would use GPS Data free from the market.

Once done go back to GPS EPO Assis and turn it off.
Thanks, that was an improvement.

Why does the GPS EPO have to be switched off again?
(2013-05-17, 22:31)hardz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that was an improvement.

Why does the GPS EPO have to be switched off again?

It saves money and I found it best when getting a lock. Glad it worked.
I'm just trying to figure out how to get 3G on voda working..as yet no luck.