www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Samsung Galaxy S4 MediaTek *Doesn't recogne sim card HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

So long story short, I have this phone (Galaxy S4 Mediatek) that was given to me as gift brought from china. I purchased a sim card with T-mobile and the phone doesn't recognize the card even though sim is fully inserted. I've been thinking that the phone is probably not unlocked to be used with T-mobile?
I tried accessing servicemode with *#0011# and *#197328640#, *#0066# and no menu or nothing pop- up. Don't know what to do to make this phone to recognize the sim card.

Please help.
Its unlikely that the phone is locked. Depending on how cheap the phone is, it could be several things.

1- First make 100% sure the SIM is inserted in the proper direction
2- Settings >> About Phone >> Status >> IMEI information. See if the IMEI number is there.
3- Check the supported bands. Download mobile uncle app from play ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en), go to MTK engineering mode, band mode, select SIM and see freq it supports.
Thanks @cookiedough ! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm hoping it's just an IMEI issue. Then you'll be rolling in no time. Fingers crossed!
hi, I a just got my no-brand china clone phone. and it doesn't work I put in a new sim card and activated it ant it still doesn't work. I have no service and whenever I want to make a call, it says "mobile network not available." I don't know what to do can someone please help me.
(2014-07-11, 09:16)Chinaclone Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
ok i did that i went to engineering mode and to band mode and the then i has a check mark on EGSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900, GSM850. now what how to i get service on my phone.
Where are you and what mobile service do you use?

Also, did you check to make sure your IMEI was valid?
I am in Canada and i use Bell. And it does have an IMEI there are 2 of them, not sure why. but i can't find the imei in the About Phone page in the settings tab.