www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Strange CWM/Sd card behavior.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using S5 mod JY-G4 20130502. I have a 32gb class 6 sd card which works fine in 2 other droid devices. I'm rooted and have recovery. When I try to back up I get this:

Waiting for SD card to mount (20s)
Timed out waiting for SD card…continuing anyways. Verifying SD card marker…
SD card marker not found…
Checking internal SD card marker…
Internal SD card marker not found…continuing anyways.
ROM Manager version 5.5.2.3
15. Mai 2013
Can’t mount backup path.

This ROM combines internal sdcard and internal storage into 6.29gb. In root explorer I see sdcard which is the 32gb card. Under sdcard in root explorer is storage with sdcard0 and sdcard1. The sdcard0 has ---rwxr-x rights. The sdcard1 has --------- rights and is read-only.

Now get ready for this...to top it all off...I copy 5 music albums to the 32gb card in a folder called Music. But when I go to any of three different music players...Winamp, stock, and PlayerPro...vlc too...only 2 of the albums can be seen. The same albums copied to 2 other android devices are found and play fine. Important...all 5 albums can be seen on the sdcard in root explorer...I can select any of them and they play fine.

Whoever can help me with this insanity is a genius!
Well...don't know why this is the case...but after trying a third 32gb card all seems fine. First two were no name brands bought off ebay, third is Sandisk. What's weird is that there are many posts of SAandisk cards being the source of many problems. For me it is the source of my solution. Go figure.

Now on to the last minor problem...but at least one major step forward!