www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Display driver or kernel fault?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!
I've joined this famous forum because I'm sure some of you could know the answer to my question.

I have Star N9800 smartphone. It's an octa-core phone with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM.

The problem i'm facing right now is that my touchscreen isn't working properly.
I've flashed original ROM from [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and ever since then my touchscreen doesn't respond to touches all the time.
It works if i off/on the screen few times, sometimes i must pull out the battery (restart the phone). Chinese phones have hotplug governor which could mean that it's a kernel fault. Like if screen is off the kernel picks low CPU clock. When i turn it on the screen starts working again because CPU picks high clock.

So... Is someone familiar with this?
Is it boot.img (kernel) or lk.bin (lcm driver) fault?
I'm able to flash different lcm (LCD) driver with SP MultiportDownloadTool but it doesn't help. Screen is mostly unusable. There are currently 2 available LCM drivers for original N9800 ROM.

2nd solution could be to find original STAR manufacturer's website?
I've tried googling and i've posted on few sites with hopes someone knows STAR's website so i can download original ROM.

Thanks to everyone in advance. I hope i will solve this.
Hi

Are you suggesting that the only change in touch screen working and not working correctly was your flash?

I don't have your device nor Windows. From what I can see the correct method would be as follows, if its ROM related.

Not sure if you already had an old backup?

Use ROM builders flashtool
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Use original ROM and flash it use flashtool

test phone on reboot

b) If it works make a CWM backup

Then maybe download the update and flash that

reboot and test, if good make your next CWM backup

good luck
Thanks for helping, but it didn't work. I've tried flashing numerous ROMs but problem is still here.

I'm thinking about sending it back to China. Does anybody have any experience with that?
I'm worried I'll lose the phone AND the money forever.