www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: links from CWM guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Under construction

This is where I will post snapshots and other juicy stuff on how to use Linux live DVD to flash CWM

order yet to be finalised

Assumptions
You are right hand mouse user
I do not have an UEFI bios but you might, so the iso chosen will display a different boot up screen.

Change bios boot order to cd first
If you can, disable secure boot in UEFI and re-enable it later. You have UEFI if you have W8 on your hard drive.

Then we get a menu and other choices thru the F(unction) Keys
[Image: 2evrr05.jpg]

F2 offers Language and keyboard layout
I am only showing supported languages, you can guess the layouts
[Image: vzk785.jpg]

F3 is timezone = location. Not really needed unless you plan on doing other things, but I show it all the same.
[Image: amupap.jpg]

F4 could be relevant. This is where you can choose to load completely into RAM, if you have sufficient RAM.....I don't.....and more importantly if you have a very old graphics driver......you can choose safe settings.....meaning load a basic video driver......also some PCs work better with the no APIC setting
[Image: 2rcr4ud.jpg]

first boot up will give you a web browser
[Image: imupau.jpg]

login to CPA to get access to the download links
Downloads
github stuff are mainly used by developers. We are using their work as downloads but have to use a few tricks to get there.

For mkbootimg you click on view raw -> a popup box appears as Web browser does not know how to handle this file
and you will choose save
[Image: e84fi8.jpg]

Then you need to specify where to.....I imagine Windows is similar?
To keep it simple, we don't change the download directory (folder)
[Image: 29xbrdy.jpg]

I will show only one perl script as they are similar in method. Both scripts are a kind of text file so can be viewed in the browser.
[Image: ra43mw.jpg]

To get that pop up box, I right hand clicked the mouse on the web pages and chose save as.
Again we leave the download pathway alone to keep it simple.

Then do the same for the other perl script.

I won't show the license but when you click it, you can read it in your web browser. Now click on a new window and open the file manager icon.

Create a new folder by clicking on the pulldownn for File and new folder etc
I name mine MOD

Move those 2 perl scripts and mkbootimg into MOD

Now open a terminal and we will make all scripts executable with two simple commands
Code:
chmod 744 MOD/*

ramdisk info is back on main page.

To refresh, after you download the compressed file you de-compress it like this
Code:
tar -zxvf ramdisk.tar..gz

If you have no other .gz files in same folder you can cheat and do it with a wildcard like this

Code:
tar -zxvf *.gz

Now back to main guide
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
thanks that should be enough for now