www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] Goodbye, Nexus 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will always remember the good times we had.

And I will always remember not to loan my stuff to friends-of-friends. Cuz this is what happens.

[attachment=1469]

Taken using THL T200C.
Edited in SnapSeed.
Resized using Images Easy Resizer.

Just kidding about loaning stuff. Crap happens, but people are always more important than things. I didn't need it anyway.
oh no! what device is this?
ouch. well i hope your friend of friends is well insured to get you a new one or this repaired?
is only the screen broken or is it dead?
Haha. It's no big deal. It's an old Nexus 4 I hadn't used since discovering China Phones. It had a broken screen and digitizer. That picture was 25 percent of my way through trying to replace the part.
trying to replace sounds like you were not successful... ?
old Nexus 4 hmm,
the Nexus 4 is still one of the nicer phones around.
If they had a better camera the Nexus devices would be a really nice phone to have since you have such great choice of ROMs and mods
I got the old screen 90% off -- it was glued in there really well. I expected the whole process to take around an hour, but after almost 2 hours I had to put the project on hold.

Still To-Do:
- Buy adhesive or tape
- Finish removing old screen
- Insert new screen
- Reassemble
- Cross fingers and boot

Time is the issue. Never enough time.
Looks like you took a sledge hammer to the phone. I think it'd be better to buy a new Chinese phone than to try to fix this one. I'm pretty sure the money you'd spend on a good-specced Chinese phone is less than the trouble of fixing this horribly defaced Nexus 4.
Sage advice. I think I'll take it!

I actually just stumbled across my Nexus 4 mess yesterday while cleaning up. I have all the parts and tools in a box together. For the sake of Apartment Zen as well as Mental Zen, I'd do well to just throw it all away. I shall tonight. Thank you, @twistyplain .
I was on the verge of ordering the iNew V3 Plus but now I'm totally undecided because I saw a phone with a lot more promise: the Elephone P3000s. It looks like a terrific device.
Holy moley. I was just looking at the P3000 yesterday and was underwhelmed. I saw your recommendation and thought "How much better can it be?"

Turns out.... waaaaay better! Thanks for the heads-up. Spec wise it looks incredible.

Popping in link for quick reference:
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1...rrency=USD&gclid=Cj0KEQiAwPCjBRDZp9LWno3p7rEBEiQAGj3KJm7TVzvPLrnJDh8FYO3If-hhHARC5r9gACJNBBZcmyoaAlq98P8HAQ