www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Problems with my B94M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok I couldn't go to the auto root forum but the scatter file 101 worked. thanksBig Grin.. gps work but data is still in edge not 3g.
(2013-05-15, 03:26)samluuch Wrote: [ -> ]ok I couldn't go to the auto root forum but the scatter file 101 worked. thanksBig Grin.. gps work but data is still in edge not 3g.

Well, as I said you may be in an area that is only covered by 1900MHz, or you may not have 3G coverage at all in your area.

Excellent the GPS is working. Smile
(2013-05-15, 03:50)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-15, 03:26)samluuch Wrote: [ -> ]ok I couldn't go to the auto root forum but the scatter file 101 worked. thanksBig Grin.. gps work but data is still in edge not 3g.

Well, as I said you may be in an area that is only covered by 1900MHz, or you may not have 3G coverage at all in your area.

my cousin picks up 4g(he has the Samsung note) and I used to pick up hspa on the xperia play 4g. I also had the freelander pd10 and it picked up 3g. gps does work but since its on edge it runs slow. one more thing my apn changes at time on its own to the china apn. I reset to defult apn ,its gone then later pops back up.
(2013-05-16, 00:45)samluuch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-15, 03:50)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

my cousin picks up 4g(he has the Samsung note) and I used to pick up hspa on the xperia play 4g. I also had the freelander pd10 and it picked up 3g. gps does work but since its on edge it runs slow. one more thing my apn changes at time on its own to the china apn. I reset to defult apn ,its gone then later pops back up.

You need to have a provider who is using 850MHz HSPA in your area. Being able to pick up 4G on your Xperia Play or 3G on your Freelander doesn't mean much. 4G is on a different frequency and the Freelander ALSO supports 1900MHz, which means that if you were picking up 3G with your PD10 it could have been on the 1900MHz band.

I'm not saying there's not something wrong with your phone. I'm saying there likely isn't and there's no way to tell unless you have another phone with 850MHz WCDMA, and a SURE way to shut off all other frequencies, so you can see if the other phone can connect to HSPA with only 850MHz WCDMA enabled.
(2013-05-16, 02:26)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-16, 00:45)samluuch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-15, 03:50)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as I said you may be in an area that is only covered by 1900MHz, or you may not have 3G coverage at all in your area.

You need to have a provider who is using 850MHz HSPA in your area. Being able to pick up 4G on your Xperia Play or 3G on your Freelander doesn't mean much. 4G is on a different frequency and the Freelander ALSO supports 1900MHz, which means that if you were picking up 3G with your PD10 it could have been on the 1900MHz band.

I'm not saying there's not something wrong with your phone. I'm saying there likely isn't and there's no way to tell unless you have another phone with 850MHz WCDMA, and a SURE way to shut off all other frequencies, so you can see if the other phone can connect to HSPA with only 850MHz WCDMA enabled.

not sure about wcdma. att is gsm and xperia play 4g was gsm/gprs/edge 850/900/1800/1900 & umts/hspa bands 1/2/5. I hope you dont tell me that the b94m wont work proper on my network, I really like this phone. Scared
I also found out the my network range from 800 to 1900 mhz
(2013-05-17, 04:34)samluuch Wrote: [ -> ]not sure about wcdma. att is gsm and xperia play 4g was gsm/gprs/edge 850/900/1800/1900 & umts/hspa bands 1/2/5. I hope you dont tell me that the b94m wont work proper on my network, I really like this phone. Scared
I can see you're not understanding what I'm saying to you, but I'll try again for the 3rd time. 4G and 3G operate on different frequencies. Saying your Xperia or Freelander picked up 3G means nothing because your Xperia has multiple HSPA radio frequency support, you can't know which frequency it was picking 3G up on unless you test it in engineering mode by disabling frequencies one by one.

(2013-05-18, 04:34)samluuch Wrote: [ -> ]I also found out the my network range from 800 to 1900 mhz

There is no 800Mhz 3G from AT&T. It's 850 and/or 1900MHz. Please read my previous post regarding how to test. You need another phone with 850MHz only engaged to test it.
The xperia play had a 850 and up. I still have that phone and it picks up 3g and faster(in certain places). That is why I'm confused. I appreciate the help . I really want to solve this issue.
(2013-05-18, 14:02)samluuch Wrote: [ -> ]The xperia play had a 850 and up. I still have that phone and it picks up 3g and faster(in certain places). That is why I'm confused. I appreciate the help . I really want to solve this issue.

Doh Sam, I'm starting to question whether we're speaking the same language.

You need to disable every frequency on your Xperia play except for 850MHz and see if it still is getting 3G. As to how to do that, I don't know. With MTK, it can be done in engineering mode.
I cant change the frequency on the play, from my understanding the 3g is running off of 850mhz (saw it in a site, not sure if its the truth). I searched up down left and right. there is a site(I think xda) that they go on and on about the same problem im having and it all comes down to rooting it. I tried and the scatter for the twrp cant be found in the flash. I understand now what you were talking about but I cant disable any of the frequencys on the play. like I said im not sure what to do but from my research it seems that I have to root it. want to know your opinion.