www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Novice - Coolgen E71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi I'm Phil from New Zealand. I'm a beginner and don't understand the lingo (rooted ,brick,and so on). I have a Coolgen E71 mtk 6592 oct core 7", 4.2 ipsAndroid which has crashed and I cannot recover. Can someone point me to the best post to help me fix my tablet. Cheers Phil

(Moderator edit. Inserted phone name into subject line for searchabilty reasons. Maybe someone with the same phone will find this and provide a backup. Wishful thinking.)
Hi Phil, first you need to have a backup or find he original software (ROM) for your tablet.
Once you have that you need the MTK droid tools and SPflash. Can all be found here. We will take it from there
Depending on how it's crashed, it might also be possible to wipe your data and recover through just the stock recovery.

("Recovery" is like a mini operating system that launches before your full phone load. From there, you can select some basic tasks to do to your phone that you wouldn't normally be able to do with everything running.)

To get to the stock recovery:
1. Turn the phone completely off.
2. Boot the phone by holding the power button + volume_down
3. Continue holding buttons until the recovery screen comes up
4. From there, you can do a factory reset.

If it's just a SW configuration that's somehow brought your phone down, it might be easy to get it back that way. If you have some majorly corrupted data, you'll have to reflash your ROM as linr76 said above.

If you end up needing to do a re-flash and can't find a backup, contact your phone's seller to see if they have anything or can get in touch with the manufacturer.

In either case, good luck!
Hi guys, Thank you for replying to my post. I have two screens come up when I start up. The first is a screen with picture and something written in chinese, then a screen with a logo and tablet name Coolgen. Then it vibrates about every 40 secounds like it can't move on and is searching. I cannot shut down from here without dropping the battery out. I have tried a factory reset. Pressed enter but nothing going on.
Getting the original software (rom) from the supplier in china will be a major trial but will kick some Emails off and see what happens. I have no back up (yes i'm a dummy) I know better I have a computer. Cheers Phil
Hi Phil! Are you booting normally when you see these screens or are you trying to boot into recovery?

In the off chance you're seeing a Chinese recovery screen, this thread has some crude translations so you know what you're looking at. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
No these two screens are the norm when it normally starts up. Can I reload a different Rom with my computer or is it like a windows (7 say) program that has to be exactly the same. Phil
You can load any ROM you want, but the closer the ROM is to being the correct ROM for your phone, the more likely it is to work.

In order to have a reasonable expectation it might work, you'll at least want to try to load a ROM that was built for a phone with the same processor, RAM, and screen size. Where did you buy your phone? Do you have a link?
Please don't judge me for buying from here, there were reasons.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
adda
Quote:The first is a screen with picture and something written in chinese
When you go into recovey mode is this the image you see?

If it is, try something.....I put the stock recovery back on my phone just to see how bad it was.....trust me its bad

I got that image.....and nothing else
I then pressed the power button to get the menu for recovery

2) As I live across the trench and got my first phone in Jan I hope you don't mind me asking if you have bought a SD card class 10 so you have something for when you either do a backup or something else.

3)
Quote:No these two screens are the norm when it normally starts up.

OOPS I wonder if you mean a static boot logo image and some kind of animation.

are you able to take photos or movie of this.....or are you talking about 2 different scenarios?
To me....norm means normal boot up....but I might be reading too much into your replies
cheers
Yes the droid on its back is the image I get. I do have class 10 16gb sd but did not back up, ( dummy I Know)
Pages: 1 2 3