www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to unbrick my Lenovo A680
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

Straight to the point. I bricked my Lenovo A680. A friend of mine went to China and bought me the Lenovo A680. The problem was that there were a lot of apps in Chinese and I couldn't install any Google apps, so I decided to install a new ROM.

At first I had an issue with the drivers. I used SP Flash Tool. But I kept getting an error message (1013 COM port failed to open). I tried so many drivers I can't remember which was the last one I had when I finally got passed the error message. Plus I was using different computers cause I thought that might help.

When I did manage to flash a new ROM onto the phone, I did a firmware upgrade instead of a download. I unticked the preloader. The firmware upgrade was successful but now my phone doesn't switch on. My PC still recognises the phone when I remove the battery, plug in the usb cable and hold the volume + button. The device manager shows the phone for 3 seconds under the ports section but disappears again. When I try to flash again with SP Flash Tool I keep getting the 1013 error.

Please help. Thanks
Try running Flash Tools as administrator.
I made a little bit of progress. I managed to install the correct driver. But now SP Flash Tools gets stuck at 100% when the bar is red. It never gets to the purple bar. Also my phone is only picked up when the battery is taken out and I press the volume + key. It doesn't get picked up when I insert the battery. Does that help? I've tried to flash on different computers. Windows 7 and 8. Can't find a PC with XP yet. Might that help?
Are you flashing a stock ROM? Is the Preloader included this time?

It is OK that the phone connects with the battery removed. For the Windows version, it varies from case to case. If you find an XP machine, it wouldn't hurt to try. But I think it is more of installing the right drivers (and correctly).
Hi

I use Linux so can't help but this link discusses re-doing the USB driver issue and is already hinted by Athos
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Pls follow advice post 6 by ChrisX

It never hurts to get the correct USB driver for Windows re-established.

2) Is phone already rooted and with custom recovery?
I have pretty much given up hope. I tried everything. I tried all sorts of drivers. I tried different versions of sp flash tools. I ran it in administrator mode. I've held the volume up button, I've let go of the volume up button. I've inserted the battery. I removed the battery. I've tried the same methods over and over. Still, SP Flash tools only detects my phone when I press the volume up button, the red bar loads to 100% and then nothing. No purple bar. Nothing. My computer only recognises the phone for 3 seconds and then disconnects. Sometimes when I have the battery in it will go into that loop of recognising it for 3 seconds, disconnects, recognises, disconnects etc.

Is it over for my Lenovo A680. Is this phone as good as dead. Or is there one last solution I could try to salvage this thing? PLEASE HELP.
Hi lknant89,

I have the same problem, can you help me?

Thanks in advance,
Max.
i am looking for a680_row_s008
i know this rom could help
do anybody has it or links?
help me to unbrick my lenovo a399 pls