www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] Questions about root and upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-17, 14:03)alcheb Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:oh cool. i ran antututtututut haha, and i got 12071 (hero h7500+) and the 2D i got 541 !! is that right?
I ran antutu few times and I got maximum 13500 and minimum 12900 (zopo zp810) . 2d I got maximum 640 and 3d got max 3500. So I think that's not actually right. You need new firmware.

(2013-05-16, 21:05)The187Hitman Wrote: [ -> ]im on 4.1.2 ??? thats probably it?
Maybe. My results on 4.2.1. When I bought my phone first what I did is upgrade to 4.2.1

ya dude, i havent a clue how to upgrade and all that. id rather someone do it you know rather then me ruining it
(2013-05-19, 23:13)xb360 Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, MKT6589T is redesign chip or they just overclock it? If it is the latter, then hopefully we'll find a way to overclock MKT6589.
It's likely not a redesigned chip. Just set at a higher clock rate. Similar to how Intel will sell the same exact chip clocked higher if it's stable at that rate. It could also be from the beginning that they were designed to run at 1.5.

(2013-05-19, 22:48)The187Hitman Wrote: [ -> ]ya dude, i havent a clue how to upgrade and all that. id rather someone do it you know rather then me ruining it

Just follow the tutorial Hitman. It's too easy. And fun Thumbs Up
there are just so many things tho.. using the right ROM, CWM recovery.. and other stuff i dont even know!

thanks for the Donator badge! Smiling
(2013-05-20, 16:42)The187Hitman Wrote: [ -> ]there are just so many things tho.. using the right ROM, CWM recovery.. and other stuff i dont even know!

Thanks for helping out and being part of the forum Hitman.

Just follow the tutorial step by step. The correct files are in with the ROM and the tutorial. Use stock 4.2.1 or newest Dzyhn. If you're rooted, backup with Titanium backup first so you'll be able to easily restore all your apps after you put the new firmware.

DO IT. DO IT NOW Vampire
(2013-05-20, 16:46)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-20, 16:42)The187Hitman Wrote: [ -> ]there are just so many things tho.. using the right ROM, CWM recovery.. and other stuff i dont even know!

Thanks for helping out and being part of the forum Hitman.

Just follow the tutorial step by step. The correct files are in with the ROM and the tutorial. Use stock 4.2.1 or newest Dzyhn. If you're rooted, backup with Titanium backup first so you'll be able to easily restore all your apps after you put the new firmware.

DO IT. DO IT NOW Vampire

im not even rooted...
ok... so what i do is..
1. root
2. back up with titanium backup
3. ?
4. ?

i dont know how to flash it.

i love this forum. absolutely love it Smiling
(2013-05-20, 20:30)The187Hitman Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] I'm recommending Helium because it's easier to use than Titanium. Titanium has a strange user interface. Select which apps you want backed up, or swipe up on the home screen and 'select all'.

The instructions regarding flashing the actual ROM are right in the thread. I suggest the Dzyhn Glass Mod, or Zopo 4.2.1 stock.
(2013-05-21, 00:22)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] I'm recommending Helium because it's easier to use than Titanium. Titanium has a strange user interface. Select which apps you want backed up, or swipe up on the home screen and 'select all'.

The instructions regarding flashing the actual ROM are right in the thread. I suggest the Dzyhn Glass Mod, or Zopo 4.2.1 stock.

thanks! you layed it out nicely for me! .. 4.2.1 is it that much better than 4.1.2?? and when im doing it, how long does it take roughly? couple mins, or an hour??
oh and in your video () theres 3 touch buttons at the bottom of the screen? will that be there if i upgrade?
(2013-05-21, 06:23)The187Hitman Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] I'm recommending Helium because it's easier to use than Titanium. Titanium has a strange user interface. Select which apps you want backed up, or swipe up on the home screen and 'select all'.

thanks! you layed it out nicely for me! .. 4.2.1 is it that much better than 4.1.2?? and when im doing it, how long does it take roughly? couple mins, or an hour??
oh and in your video () theres 3 touch buttons at the bottom of the screen? will that be there if i upgrade?
Just a couple minutes. No, those soft buttons won't be there. That was just the ROM I was on at the time.

I wouldn't say 4.2.1 is much better. My favorite feature is notification area. Two-fingers pulls down the quick toggles. One finger pulls down the notifications. You can also 'pull' your gmail topics within notifications to see who your emails are from and what the subject is without leaving notifications.

Also there's Miracast support if you happen to have a modern TV.

The dual-sims are color coded and you can hot-swap the WCDMA between them.

Those are the main differences that I've liked and could be useful.