www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [iNew V8] Review - Part One - Unboxing / Hands on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is an unboxing / hands on. The written review will have pages added as I continue to review different aspects of the phone.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

This is the video unboxing / hands on review on YouTube. I will be adding a final review and a war against Doogee. Please subscribe to be updated as the videos come out.
PHP Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fbgOUYTnGE 

Coming up on Gizbeat and YouTube are the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
"If this phone has any problems, we know who to blame -- that's YOU, Number 34!"

The iNew jingle is the same as my THL jingle. The familiarity warmed my heart.

Great review, Giz! Thanks so much! I'm drooling already.
Nice review, now open the V8 section here ;)
I'm really looking forward to more V8 vs DG550 reviews. It'd be sweet if an Elephone P2000 were in the mix too. All very cool phones for very awesome prices. The market is really sweet right now!
I jumped the gun and bought one. Since my Mlais MX 69T Pro decided that the power button would not work anymore.

Purchased it from @Gearbest on 8/5/2014. Still processing but looks to be a great device.
(2014-08-10, 22:18)nickdollahz Wrote: [ -> ]I jumped the gun and bought one. Since my Mlais MX 69T Pro decided that the power button would not work anymore.

Purchased it from @Gearbest on 8/5/2014. Still processing but looks to be a great device.

I think you made a great choice. I was comparing it to the N1 yesterday in the shop, the back of the $600 Oppo N1 looks a bit boring compared to the iNew V8.

Also, while there is a 4.4.2 AOKP KitKat available for N1, there is no official update and it's selling retail in Thailand with 4.2.2. This is a strong reminder regarding China upgrade times to new Android versions. Here we have a $600 new namebrand model coming with JB. Those downing China brands because coming with JB might want to take a step back and look realistically at the situation.

[attachment=1549]
[attachment=1550]
[attachment=1552]
Oppo N1
[attachment=1551]
Video review coming up later this evening (Asia time).

@nickdollahz , I have contacted Gearbest regarding processing of your order. Can you please give your order #...difficult to check otherwise.

A note to anyone that waits more than a couple days for processing (excluding weekends), contact admin directly or post respectfully in the sponsor's forum with order # and date ordered.
@Gizbeat Apparently they are back ordered at the moment. This is not my first time ordering a china phone. I'm aware that this kind of stuff happens.

Here is message i received:

Quote:Dear Nicholas,

Thank you so much for your recent order. We feel extremely sorry for not shipping out your order timely.

Regarding item : iNEW V8 Android 4.4 3G Phablet,INEW V8 5.5 inch 3G Phablet
The item is currently back ordered and we can't confirm the exact time we can get it again.

Could you please visit our website again and choose suitable replacement? We would like serve you any way.

We wish to take this opportunity to apologize to you for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you so much for your kind understanding and patience.

Best Regards
Nydia

Order number: W1408041820299940
@nickdollahz , I have had some communication with Gearbest regarding iNew v8. The issue may be ironed out today. I will communicate with them straight away regarding your order.
Gearbest store does not have it in stock. They will have it in a week, as they said.
This is anoyed when you ordering something marked as a "on stock" and then they telling you that they don't have it on stock.
I bought a second iNew V8 for a friend but i had to cancel the order cause he need it urgent.
(2014-08-13, 01:03)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]Gearbest store does not have it in stock. They will have it in a week, as they said.
This is anoyed when you ordering something marked as a "on stock" and then they telling you that they don't have it on stock.
I bought a second iNew V8 for a friend but i had to cancel the order cause he need it urgent.
99% of the phones you see as 'in stock' in China shops (and indeed in many western online shops) means ready to order for you.

In this case there was a communication issue between iNew and Gearbest which has been ironed out as of today. Sorry to hear you couldn't wait, but I understand.
Pages: 1 2