www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNEW V3 "Frozen"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi experts, you have probably heard of my problem a thousand times, but looking through the forum I couldn't find any answers to this. To cut to the chase... My iNEW V3 phone which I bought in May this year (From the manufacturers in China) has 'frozen' on the first screen and will go no further and to turn off, I have to remove the battery. I have written a heap of emails to iNew but the replies are mostly the same: "Update firmware, change battery and check charge plug" to name a few. Updating Firmware is a real hassle as the website is in Chinese, so I don't have a clue where to go on the page. The person I deal with on the emails (Lily) must have stocked answers already typed out and ready to paste so, I'm getting nowhere. Hope you guys can help. Thanks
There're loads of solutions to ur problem, the simplest of them all is going into recovery (power+vol.up when turning phone on) and do a reset.

You will lose any data that u didn't backup tho. Or, go to the roms section here or to the inew section at needrom.com and flash a cwm recovery, make a backup with it so that u can recover ur data later on and then either reset or flash a different rom, all the instructions are available here in the forum.

Either way, if u have stuff stored in the internal memory and u can't access them u will probly lose them too because of the shitty decision by inew to unify all the internal memory... So if u have and by any chance can access it, copy everything to a pc.

Anyway, if u dun know how to simply reset, or flash roms, etc, read the tutorials here or the guides that most rom threads provide untill u have no doubts.
Thanks Elusivo, I'll give a shot.
Big Grin
(2014-08-08, 18:01)kangeroo2 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Elusivo, I'll give a shot.
Update..Phone working now, took it to workshop after trying your advice and getting nowhere fast (Seems I'm not so clever as I thought I was), $45 later, all good. Thanks.
Cool, now if you have a compatible screen you just need to update it to kitkat, it works wonders in this phone Smiling
UndecidedCompatible screen?? I'm not with you on this one
(2014-08-21, 15:34)Elusivo Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, now if you have a compatible screen you just need to update it to kitkat, it works wonders in this phone Smiling
ye, the new kitkat update is incomplete and doesn't have drivers for all the displays.

Check here which ones work [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Then use mtdroidtools with the phone connected to the pc, press on root button and the screen type will show up on the left.
OK thanks, I might wait until the official version is up on iNEW's website.