www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 3 posts to have access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe it is just a suggestion but "force" all user to post 3 new threads will not polluate the forum ?
Maybe force a time on the forum? 30min/ 1h ?
(2013-05-22, 22:01)world137 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it is just a suggestion but "force" all user to post 3 new threads will not polluate the forum ?
Maybe force a time on the forum? 30min/ 1h ?

Pollution generally gets deleted. Not all of it, but most of it.

Also, it needs to be quality posts actually adding something to the forum.

It's not abnormal at all for forums to require a certain amount of posts to access areas reserved for those who are actually part of the forum rather than leechers. Usually those forums have a far higher post requirement than 3.

3 is not set in stone either. If I see someone with a single post reviewing their phone or taking time to help another member with something more than a quick sentence, they are jumped in.

What are you interested in? What's in the news that got you thinking today?

One forum that's underused and could be very interesting is the Picture Forum. Not only the quality of the phone's camera, but what did you find interesting enough to take a photo of? What does your town look like? What do the people look like there?

Also, it's not only about activity. It's about contributing to belong.
I think that the message about the impossibility of the topic itself must add a reference to the topic that explains why it can not.
(2013-05-23, 19:08)Lovetz Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the message about the impossibility of the topic itself must add a reference to the topic that explains why it can not.

I need to get around to putting that in the PHP. I've been meaning to do it. Currently it just mentions going to 'Suggestion' forum. I'd assumed members would be able to find their way there and see the sticky thread.

I'll try to get this added soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
Not to challenge the rules or anything, I'm indeed a newbie who wants to learn more from here, requiring me to put 3 meaningful posts is a bit difficult , to be honest.
I do have to agree with bighead1, if you're new and want to learn from the forum it's not always possible to post something meaningful because you haven't got the knowledge yet.
I myself have the luck that I already have some knowledge about certain topics so I can help solve other peoples problems, thus post meaningful posts.
Maybe if people would have access to all topics but not to (external) download links, people could learn stuff without leeching.
Post a picture from your phone. Post something in off topic about anything that interests you. Post something in Android general about some new Android gadget. Make a post about what you think about your phone. Just a few examples. You could also buy me a beer.

Again, this is not abnormal at all. Many enthusiast boards have a post level a user must reach to access certain things. A post count of 3 is extremely low.

I put a ridiculous ton of work into this board. Hundreds and hundreds of hours to help people and make tutorials. You can put 10 minutes.

Max, your presence is appreciated here. Thanks again for the help you've given other members.